Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Kto NOlak

Finished a script? Pop it in here.

Re: Kto NOlak

Postby Enari » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:11 am

Enari

Postby Influx » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:40 pm

They do do very similar things, however mine isn't so aggressive and, despite the name, isn't directed purely at Polish players.

I wasn't aware so many different scripts doing similar things existed. Hompy demonstrated a very nice way of handling it on Sham's to me, that once a foreign language has been detected as being spoken, it runs it through an internet translator to turn it into English before sending it to the server, which is a very good idea.
Influx

Postby Ankie » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:39 pm

hello. :)
just wanted to say you, that if you need a help with polish people, i can help you. i'm from poland, so i know this language and people. ;) and i even speak english not so bad.^^ so if you will ever need help with them, i can translate for you or something like this.
Anna.
Ankie

Postby xNyan » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:14 pm

'Brazilian': 'Este e um servidor de falar Ingles. Por favor, fale Ingles.'
Replace:
'Brazilian': 'Este servidor tem como lingua principal a inglesa. Por favor, fale ingles'

Google Translator: I'm Brazilian, and I realized that you hate Brazilians ...
xNyan

Postby EssigGurkenFred » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:19 pm

xNyan wrote:Google Translator: I'm Brazilian, and I realized that you hate Brazilians ...

lol wut? :D
EssigGurkenFred

Postby Influx » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:49 pm

Ankie wrote:hello. :)
just wanted to say you, that if you need a help with polish people, i can help you. i'm from poland, so i know this language and people. ;) and i even speak english not so bad.^^ so if you will ever need help with them, i can translate for you or something like this.
Anna.

Thanks for the offer. I don't want this script to be too strict, just to stop the more common spam messages that seem to be common in a lot of servers. Of course, if you have any suggestions for words to add, by all means, let me know.

xNyan wrote:'Brazilian': 'Este e um servidor de falar Ingles. Por favor, fale Ingles.'
Replace:
'Brazilian': 'Este servidor tem como lingua principal a inglesa. Por favor, fale ingles'

Google Translator: I'm Brazilian, and I realized that you hate Brazilians ...

Thanks for the translation, I've added it in. I'm not sure if the last part of that was aimed at me or at Google Translator. If it was meant for me, then I refer you back to this part of the main post;

Influx in the first post wrote:This is in no way intended to be xenophobic, it's just I know how annoying it can be when you have 4 people all spamming "KTO POLAK" every few seconds.
Influx

Postby GreaseMonkey » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:41 am

PXYC wrote:There's also "ja" which means "yes" in Polish, often the response to "kto polak".

No, in Polish, "ja" means "me". You're thinking of German.

Anyhow, this reminds me of ktopolak.py, which is a script I made which sadly doesn't work anymore :( (as Enari linked) With that said, this at least sounds like a nifty script, and as an added bonus it apparently works, yay :D
GreaseMonkey
Bastion Member

Previous

Return to Script releases