Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Kto NOlak

Finished a script? Pop it in here.

Kto NOlak

Postby Influx » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:16 pm

http://pastebin.com/LJcgGy0M

Save as ktonolak.py

EDIT: Thanks to Sample for a better Polish translation.
EDIT2: Thanks to ilplayde and EssigGurkenFred for helping with the German translation
EDIT3: Thanks to xNyan for the Brazilian translation.

This is a little script that stops the more commonly heard spam messages from people asking if anyone is Polish/Brazilian/German/whatever, and sends them a (probably really poorly worded) message in their native language reminding them that they're in an English-speaking server. I added "kurwa" as well because that's another common one to hear.

This is in no way intended to be xenophobic, it's just I know how annoying it can be when you have 4 people all spamming "KTO POLAK" every few seconds. Conversely, if you run a non-English-speaking server and are sick of people speaking English, you can change the dictionary to suit your needs.

If anyone has either a better translation for the user messages (they should be good enough to get the point across), or any other words then think should go in the dictionary, let me know. The ones I added were just the ones I'd seen quite often. Also note that, yes, there are ways for people to get around the filter, but this should be good enough to stop the innocent ones, and you can probably mute them safely if they keep on spamming.
Last edited by Influx on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Influx

Re: Kto NOlak

Postby Sample » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:12 pm

'Polish': 'Jest to anglojezyczny Serwer, uzyj Angielski prosze.',
Replace:
'Polish': 'Jest to anglojezyczny Serwer, pisz po Angielsku prosze.',
Sample

Postby Influx » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:16 pm

Thanks, I've added that in now.
Influx

Postby PXYC » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:22 pm

Nice one, Influx. Probably much better than the one currently on Minit US.
Edit: Instead of "polak", people often say "polski" as well.

<+laserlamp> lil b is my fav
PXYC
Local Mod

Postby Influx » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:31 pm

I wasn't even aware that a script such as this existed, although there's probably scripts for everything by now.

I've added "polski" in, as well as "brasileiro" and "jemand", plus some variations. Thanks for making me aware of that. Is it usd in the same way as polak? Like "Kto Polski"?
Influx

Postby PXYC » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:40 pm

Searching through the Minit logs, it looks like they say "kto z polski" and "kto z jest polski".
There's also "ja" which means "yes" in Polish, often the response to "kto polak".

<+laserlamp> lil b is my fav
PXYC
Local Mod

Postby Influx » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:04 pm

Well, this script blocks it if it detects "kto" or "polski", so I'm not too worried about the "z jest" part. I'll add in some variants, though, in case of mis-typing. "Ja" is a tricky one because it's also German, and there will be no way to know which language is being spoken if it's just the one word. I think I'll leave that off because the initial question should get blocked so they shouldn't need to respond to it.
Influx

Postby EssigGurkenFred » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:00 am

German is going to be a problem for you :)

The germans are asking in many different ways... and many of them aren´t able to write without typo´s (grammar fail?! :D ) in their own language o.O

If I should help you you can ask me everytime.
EssigGurkenFred

Postby ilplayde » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:43 pm

'German': 'Sie sind in einer englischsprachiger Server. Nutzen Sie Englisch bitte.'

replace with

'German': 'Du bist auf einem englischen Server. Bitte schreibe Englisch!'
ilplayde

Postby kmaj » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:54 pm

PXYC wrote:Searching through the Minit logs, it looks like they say "kto z polski" and "kto z jest polski".
There's also "ja" which means "yes" in Polish, often the response to "kto polak".

Ja means "me", IIRC.
kmaj
[FF] Leader

Postby Influx » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:23 pm

EssigGurkenFred wrote:German is going to be a problem for you :)

The germans are asking in many different ways... and many of them aren´t able to write without typo´s (grammar fail?! :D ) in their own language o.O

If I should help you you can ask me everytime.

That's handy to know. Hopefully they can write at least one word properly which can be detected by this script. It's never going to be perfect but it should be able to stop around 75% of the innocent messages.

ilplayde wrote:'German': 'Sie sind in einer englischsprachiger Server. Nutzen Sie Englisch bitte.'

replace with

'German': 'Du bist auf einem englischen Server. Bitte schreibe Englisch!'

I didn't want to use "du" as it's too informal for a server message, in my opinion. I also want to keep it as "englischsprachigen" because saying "englischen Server" implies the server is in England, not that it uses English to communicate. I've seen a few servers based in countries which don't speak English, but the admins still ask people to communicate in it.

I will use the last part of your suggestion, though. If you can give me another translation using Sie, I'll certainly use that. Thanks for helping out.
Influx

Postby ilplayde » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:59 pm

ok then:
'German': 'Sie sind auf einem englischsprachigen Server. Bitte schreibe in Englisch!'
ilplayde

Postby EssigGurkenFred » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:02 pm

ilplayde did a little failure there... if you are saying 'Sie sind auf einem englischsprachigen Server.' you have to say 'Schreiben/Kommunizieren Sie bitte auf Enlisch' .

So I think this is the right way to say it:

'Sie sind auf einem englischsprachigen Server. Schreiben/Kommunizieren Sie bitte auf Enlisch'
EssigGurkenFred

Postby Influx » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:20 pm

Thanks for the translations, I've added it in now. I did think the imperative at the end of ilplayde's statement looked a little iffy, but I attributed that to not really using the language since I was last taught it a few years ago.

If you have any suggestions for the dictionary, let me know. I don't want it to become too big and unwieldly, but if you're saying that there are other ways Germans use which are just as popular as "Ist jemand Deutsch" or "Wer ist Deutscher" (the 2 I see all the time), let me know.
Influx

Postby EssigGurkenFred » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:28 pm

One other popular way to ask would be:

(Ist) Jemand Deutsche /-s /-r hier/da.

And some ways which aren´t often used:

Seid ihr Deutsch?
Spielen hier auch Deutsche?
Ist ein Deutscher online?
EssigGurkenFred

Next

Return to Script releases