Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Parachute Script

Finished a script? Pop it in here.

Parachute Script

Postby Influx » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:42 am

http://pastebin.com/cU7hff1b

Save as parachute.py

This script disables fall damage for one team only for the first fall, which is to be used with parachuting spawns. This means that after parachuting in, you can still die from falling. There is also a random chance of being slightly injured when landing to simulate landing incorrectly. I have other ideas for things to add, I just need to figure out how to do it, or indeed if it is possible.

This script is enabled in the map metadata using the following extensions;

Code: Select all
extensions = {
'parachute': True,
'parateam': 'GREEN_TEAM'/'BLUE_TEAM'
}

The spawns for players, bases and intel need to be set up manually, though, which may not be easy for someone unfamiliar with doing such a thing. I have set up my Normandie map for use with this script, so you might want to check out the map metadata found in the download in this post for an example;

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=531#p190473

Again, since I'm not a coder, I expect there are much easier and simpler ways to code what I have, and I've not tested it with more than 1 player so I don't know if it works properly. From what I've tested, though, it has seemed to do what I want it to do.
Last edited by Influx on Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Influx

Re: Parachute Script

Postby Varun » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:21 pm

Paratrooper. It has arrived.
Cool script. Can it be exploited?
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby Influx » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:52 pm

I'm not sure how someone could exploit it. All this does is deal 0 damage for the first fall for one team (the paradropping team). Afterwards, a variable is disabled which makes the player take normal fall damage. When they respawn, the variable is re-enabled so they survive the fall.

The only way a team could gain an advantage is by the map metadata not being properly set up and spawn the parachute team on the ground. This would mean that the variable wouldn't be disabled and the parachute team would be able to take no damage from their next big fall. For this reason, I might look into setting the parachuting team's spawns to within the script.
Influx

Postby Varun » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:28 pm

So, this is basically falling from a great height upon spawning, and surviving it? So would it be possible to shoot, and hence kill, people while falling?
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby Influx » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:31 pm

Theoretically, yes. I haven't been able to test it so I can't say for certain, but it's only fall damage that's disabled so I would have thought so. The parachuters can shoot at you so it's only fair you can shoot them back.
Influx

Return to Script releases