Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Handicap RPG

Finished a script? Pop it in here.

Handicap RPG

Postby Danke » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:38 am

This script is kind of the opposite of Intel RPG:
Instead of powers, you have a handicap. You can pick your handicap, but you have to have one.

0 - One Shot - Your gun only holds one bullet in the chamber (But you get infinite ammo)
1 - Frailty - All hits against you instakill
2 - Tragic Bromance - Every time a teammate near you dies, you lose 1/4 your health (won't kill you though)
3 - Lead Allergy - All bullets poison you 1hp/s, and it stacks
4 - Empty Wallet - You only get one magazine (you can go to the tent to refill it, but you never have ammo in reserve)
5 - Butterfingers - Getting hit removes your weapon (you won't have a gun until you touch a tent or die)
6 - Rubber Bullets - Your bullets do 1/2 damage

http://code.google.com/r/dankesaurus-pl ... icaprpg.py

The idea isn't to troll people, it's to provide a challenge for players to overcome. (I doubt many people will enjoy it though.)
Danke

Re: Handicap RPG

Postby LinktersHD » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:41 pm

He he Nice Danke!
Nuketown map is out!:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=11021]

LinktersHD

Postby Varun » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:09 pm

Nice, though the only one I can see myself going for is the half damage one. Would that apply to headshots?
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:11 pm

People would choose oneshot mostly. Other handicaps are too "powerful" to make other players use it, thus rendering the sript useless. Balancing maybe?
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Postby Danke » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:28 pm

MrHaaaaaaxFF wrote:People would choose oneshot mostly.

I imagine most people would pick Bromance or Rubber. With One Shot, the smg is useless, the rifle is very slow, and the shotgun is annoying (it will continue to try and reload past one, and people will likely hear it)

I think the end result of nearly all of them is that you have to play more carefully. With Bromance you just have to keep your distance. The rest, you have to hope to jebus that you don't get spotted.
Danke

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:59 pm

Danke wrote:
MrHaaaaaaxFF wrote:People would choose oneshot mostly.

I imagine most people would pick Bromance or Rubber. With One Shot, the smg is useless, the rifle is very slow, and the shotgun is annoying (it will continue to try and reload past one, and people will likely hear it)

I think the end result of nearly all of them is that you have to play more carefully. With Bromance you just have to keep your distance. The rest, you have to hope to jebus that you don't get spotted.

Perhaps a limit for those handicaps, like rubber bullets only for 2 people, so i choose another one. Oneshot is full limit, so i have to choose another one. If you don't understand, it's kinda like player limit per handicap. Maybe easiest such as rubber has only 2 player as limit, and hard ones, like Lead Allergy has infinite limit.(that one sounds sucks ass, no shit) That, in my opinion, shuold balance them out.
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Postby CraftDinur » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:59 pm

this kinda makes it so it discourages players to cap the intel o.O

personally i would choose one shot. based on the 0.76 fire rate times i think i would be able to deal with 1 bullet at a time.
IGN: CraftDinur, Mr. Yoshimori, 49th Parallel
CraftDinur

Postby LinktersHD » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:18 pm

CraftDinur wrote:this kinda makes it so it discourages players to cap the intel o.O

personally i would choose one shot. based on the 0.76 fire rate times i think i would be able to deal with 1 bullet at a time.

That is true Craftdinur. Everyone will defiantly chose that.
Nuketown map is out!:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=11021]

LinktersHD

Postby Danke » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:24 am

MrHaaaaaaxFF wrote:like Lead Allergy has infinite limit.(that one sounds sucks ass, no shit)

Surprisingly, this is the only one that can actually help you. When you take poison damage, the damage indicator points in their direction - you can use it to find your enemy.

The whole point of the gamemode is to provide a challenge. If people want to go for what they think is the safest handicap, they're missing the point and should just play in a vanilla server. Balance doesn't really matter because the gamemode isn't tailored that way. In irpg if someone on the other team has poison, you try and get goodteammate so you can cure it easily. In this gamemode, you don't have to worry about what other people have, you just have to worry about your own handicap and how to stay alive. You're not trying to play off of other people's weaknesses, you're just trying to cope with your own.
Danke

Postby Paratrooper » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:26 am

There needs to be some sort of advantage for fraility. There's no point in choosing fraility over butterfingers.

Also, one-shot is pointless for the shotgun since The reload and fire rate is the same.
To a Physicist, white and black is the presence and absence of color.
To a Fine Artist, white and black are just shades and tints of color.
To a Painter, any paint that you could get into a can is a color.
THIS color, on the other hand, is #b4d455.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Postby Danke » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:29 am

Paratrooper wrote:There's no point in choosing fraility over butterfingers.

Sure there is. It's harder.

Paratrooper wrote:Also, one-shot is pointless for the shotgun since The reload and fire rate is the same.

Yeah, but there's not much I could do about it. It is really annoying though because the game thinks you still have ammo to reload, so once you start reloading, you won't stop until you shoot.
Danke

Postby EssigGurkenFred » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:12 pm

This sounds a cool script to challange the pro´s below us.
Thanks!
EssigGurkenFred

Return to Script releases