Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

cycle game modes

Problem getting your server up? Ask in here.

cycle game modes

Postby hylianux » Tue May 22, 2012 7:10 pm

Hi everyone. I've really enjoyed pyspades so far, and I want to know: is it possible to cycle through all the possible game modes every round? I can't see anything like this documented in the forums nor on the wiki, so I may be the first to ask such a thing.

Honestly, I don't know what all the game modes are... so far my working list is:

ctf (capture the flag)
tc (team conquest)
arena
tdm (team deathmatch)

I think there are more... but I can't seem to find a documented list anywhere of what all the game modes are.

If this isn't a feature yet, is it planned to be implemented yet? I'd love to make the suggestion...

The ability to cycle all modes randomly with one word, the ability to cycle only a subset of modes with a string array, and the ability to randomly cycle a subset of game modes with a string array and a flag...
hylianux

Re: cycle game modes

Postby oxygenxd » Wed May 23, 2012 12:18 am

Hi hylianux!

I think it isn't possible to cycle through the modes, but I know a lot modes:

• ctf - Capture The Flag - Bring the intel in your tent
  • tc - Territory Control - Get Control over the opposite tents by being in the near of it
  • tdm - Team Death Match - The Team with most Kills or intels wins the round
  • arena - Arena Mode - The Last Standing Team wins the round
  • babel - Babel Mode - Build "The Tower of Babel" to get the intel
  • ffa - Free for all - Everyone can kill everyone
  • infiltr - Infiltration - Only one team has an intel - For every 30 seconds that the intel is stationary, the blues gain 1 intel cap (if the intel is touched, the 30s counter is reset)
  • irpg - Intel RPG - By capturing the Intel, you can get special abilities
  • 1ctf - one ctf - Like ctf, but there is only one intel
  • r1ctf - reversed one ctf - don't know, i also found no forum thread
  • zombies - Humen vs. Zombies - Greens are Zombies (can only use Spade), Blue are defenders (weapons have less damage)

r1ctf is where there is one intel, and you have to take it to the enemy's tent rather than the one on your side. ~tGM
There are 10 types of humen, the ones who understand the binary system and the ones who don't.

Sorry, if my english is not so perfect, I'm German. Would be nice if you speak in simple english :)
oxygenxd

Postby hylianux » Wed May 23, 2012 12:50 am

Wow... thank you oxygenxd, the game suddenly just got that much more fun for me. I had no idea about half of those...

I've never coded a script before, and have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, but this could be a really cool learning experience for me... unless someone gets the drop on this before me (in which case, I'd love to see how they do it). I'd like a cycled game mode thing.
hylianux

Postby LinktersHD » Wed May 30, 2012 8:41 pm

I was thinking of the cycled gamemode as well. I wanted it for my server but i don't think it is possible to make.
Nuketown map is out!:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=11021]

LinktersHD

Return to Server Help