Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Can't join a locally hosted server? (SOLVED)

Problem getting your server up? Ask in here.

Can't join a locally hosted server? (SOLVED)

Postby 8thkill » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:29 pm

Is this a bug? Before .75 i was able to join my own locally hosted server. Now when i try to join the local server the client tells me "SERVER DISCONNECT." I'm not sure if this is an AoS Client issue or a Pyspades issue. Either way some help would be amazing.
Last edited by 8thkill on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
8thkill

Re: Can join a locally hosted server?

Postby Paratrooper » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:13 pm

Did you try running "aos://16777343"?
To a Physicist, white and black is the presence and absence of color.
To a Fine Artist, white and black are just shades and tints of color.
To a Painter, any paint that you could get into a can is a color.
THIS color, on the other hand, is #b4d455.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Re: Can't join a locally hosted server?

Postby 8thkill » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:52 am

Doesn't work. I get the same thing.
8thkill

Postby Carnage » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:57 pm

In order to go to a "Local Host Connect" server, you must create the server. To do so, press the start button at the bottom left of your screen. Then, click "All Programs" and select "Ace of Spades". There is an extension to that called "Ace of Spades Server". This is used to [usually] make the regular Vanilla servers. To create a server, just follow the instructions that the Command Prompt gave to you, and then, once it says you've made your server, click "Local Host Connect". If you wish to make a more advanced server (one that has squads, more admin commands, etc.), click here. From there, you should be bale to learn more information about Pyspades, a server implementation created by Mat^2. To download Pyspades click here. After downloading that, you should be able to customize the Configuration File within the download. In order to run a server with Pyspades, however, you need to have a port forwarding so people may enter the server. To learn how to port forward, click here. If you have any other further questions, post them below, or Google them.
Hope this helps,
-Carnage

Carnage
[SPQR] Member

Postby 8thkill » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:04 am

UltimateCarnage wrote:In order to go to a "Local Host Connect" server, you must create the server. To do so, press the start button at the bottom left of your screen. Then, click "All Programs" and select "Ace of Spades". There is an extension to that called "Ace of Spades Server". This is used to [usually] make the regular Vanilla servers. To create a server, just follow the instructions that the Command Prompt gave to you, and then, once it says you've made your server, click "Local Host Connect". If you wish to make a more advanced server (one that has squads, more admin commands, etc.), click here. From there, you should be bale to learn more information about Pyspades, a server implementation created by Mat^2. To download Pyspades click here. After downloading that, you should be able to customize the Configuration File within the download. In order to run a server with Pyspades, however, you need to have a port forwarding so people may enter the server. To learn how to port forward, click here. If you have any other further questions, post them below, or Google them.
Hope this helps,
-Carnage

I have a server hosted. It's not hosted on MY PC. As in, the server doesnt have a local loop back IP of 127.0.0.1. It's actually 192.168.1.5, and not 127.0.0.1. Trust me i know what i'm talking about. The server is a public server, hosted on my network. It is not hosted on the computer i want to play it on, it's port forwarded and everything. AoS isnt letting me join it my self.

CORRECTION

I cannot join, ANY, server. I'm going to blame the client now. So i'll post some where else, or can an Admin please move the thread?
8thkill

Postby Carnage » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:59 am

8thkill wrote:
UltimateCarnage wrote:In order to go to a "Local Host Connect" server, you must create the server. To do so, press the start button at the bottom left of your screen. Then, click "All Programs" and select "Ace of Spades". There is an extension to that called "Ace of Spades Server". This is used to [usually] make the regular Vanilla servers. To create a server, just follow the instructions that the Command Prompt gave to you, and then, once it says you've made your server, click "Local Host Connect". If you wish to make a more advanced server (one that has squads, more admin commands, etc.), click here. From there, you should be bale to learn more information about Pyspades, a server implementation created by Mat^2. To download Pyspades click here. After downloading that, you should be able to customize the Configuration File within the download. In order to run a server with Pyspades, however, you need to have a port forwarding so people may enter the server. To learn how to port forward, click here. If you have any other further questions, post them below, or Google them.
Hope this helps,
-Carnage

I have a server hosted. It's not hosted on MY PC. As in, the server doesnt have a local loop back IP of 127.0.0.1. It's actually 192.168.1.5, and not 127.0.0.1. Trust me i know what i'm talking about. The server is a public server, hosted on my network. It is not hosted on the computer i want to play it on, it's port forwarded and everything. AoS isnt letting me join it my self.

CORRECTION

I cannot join, ANY, server. I'm going to blame the client now. So i'll post some where else, or can an Admin please move the thread?

Check in your Ace of Spades Configuration file. It's possible that you're having the Init Direct Draw error, which can usually be solved by setting "Windowed" to "1", rather than "0".
If not, then I have no idea of how to solve your problem...

Hope this helped,
-Carnage

Carnage
[SPQR] Member

Postby 8thkill » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:43 pm

Thats not it either. It just says SERVER DISCONNECT
8thkill

Postby Carnage » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:44 pm

Well... I have no idea how to fix that. Best of luck with your problem :-)

Carnage
[SPQR] Member

Postby 8thkill » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:09 am

I figured it out. Nesto/Flo pointed out that at one point in the past my younger brother hacked. Thus my IP was black listed. Luckily my router lets me change my MAC address which in turn causes my ISP to give me a different IP address. Problem solved :)
8thkill

Return to Server Help