Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

>>> Pyspades game modes suggestions <<<

For all your hosting needs.

>>> Pyspades game modes suggestions <<<

Postby SeriousSimFR » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:28 pm

>>> Pyspades Game modes suggestions <<<

As you know, Ace of spades features two well balanced game modes, TC and CTF.
But using pyspades, and thanks to the awesome aos community, you're able to set up a server running several new game modes : in exemple team deathmatch, 1CTF, babel, and many others.

Here are two game modes suggestions, feel free to discuss and suggest some others :

>> KING OF THE HILL <<

Basically like TC with only one control point, but players spawn like in CTF mode. Once the CP is captured, the team holding it scores 1 point every [insert number here] seconds (discuss). The team holding the control point would have to build defensive structures in order to keep its advantage, as they still spawn in their camp, far from the hill.

>> DUEL <<

A tool to help setting up duels and tournaments. Only two players are facing each other at a time, in a deathmatch going in 3 (or 5, 10, 15...) kills. The winner keeps his place as a champion, while the next spectating player on the list enters the game as the challenger. Other connected players spectate the duel while waiting their turn to fight.

This game mode could easily be used as a tournament tool : Two teams of 4/6/whatever players face each other while public may spectate. Adding a timer and a toggle build/kill may also help.

>> VARIANT OF ZOMBIE MODE <<

SIMOX wrote:Everyone spawns normal, then one guy or few becomes a zombies. If you are killed by a zombie you instantly spawn as it, if you die as a zombie, you wait for the round to end.
So it's more like Arena + zombies than [...] constant killing.

>> ESCAPE MODE <<

tunaspirit wrote:how about Escape Mode? (crossfire)

green team must get into a certain area (marked with pink, cyan idk) to escape near the blue team's spawn, and the blue team must prevent the greens from entering that area, if enough people escape, greens win, if blues manage to prevent green hitting the limit in time, they win. Also there can be gates set up by the way to the escape zone, that are very tough and need 25 hits of an spade (or more), and it will be 3-5 layers thick.
p.s. seperate maps may have to be made

>> MUTANT <<

One player against all the others. The alone player is the 'mutant', and have some power ups (lot of health, double jump, lot of nade/ammo, armor, or whatever you can think of...).

Of course, if one player manage to kill the mutant, he immediatly spawns as a mutant himself while the old mutant get back to being a mere human. Killing the mutant rewards 10 points, as an intel cap, while killing an human only gets one point to the mutant.

The mutant position is dispalyed on the map for the other players to prevent camping (other good thing to prevent camping is having the mutant health slowly decrease and refill it with each kill).

>> Discuss !
Last edited by SeriousSimFR on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
****Image<- Click ! ->Image
Yet Another AoS MAP : DECK 17****EPIC UNREAL TOURNAMENT SKIN PACK
Image-------------------------Image
SeriousSimFR

Re: >>> Pyspades game modes suggestions <<<

Postby PXYC » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:50 am

I like King of the Hill, sounds pretty cool.

<+laserlamp> lil b is my fav
PXYC
Local Mod

Postby swordoflightning » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:52 am

what about zombies but when you die you become a zombie like infection on halo
they said i have a choice they were wrong... -[G33K]DARKNESS
swordoflightning

Postby Nanners » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:24 pm

swordoflightning wrote:what about zombies but when you die you become a zombie like infection on halo

Zombies is already a mode and running on aloha humans vs zombies. I don't think we need to configure it to what suits you :o. Rather play the current mode and enjoy it :)
* USAB ([email protected]) has joined #AoS
* Q sets mode: +v USAB
<+ReubenMcHawk> omg USAB you quit the BOOYO clan?
<+USAB> wat
* USAB is now known as USABxBOOYO
Nanners
[LDR] Member

Postby SIMOX » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:43 pm

Nanners wrote:Zombies is already a mode and running on aloha humans vs zombies. I don't think we need to configure it to what suits you :o. Rather play the current mode and enjoy it :)

Well I also would preffer different zombie game mode than there is now. The one like in Counter strike. Everyone spawns normal, then one guy or few becomes a zombies. If you are killed by a zombie you instantly spawn as it, if you die as a zombie, you wait for the round to end.
So it's more like Arena + zombies than that constant killing that there is on Aloha right now. Quite booring i have to say.
My all mods are Here. My first map is Here
Plays Ace of Spades since 2011 April 11 [0.21]
SIMOX

Postby TheGeekZeke101 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:43 pm

SIMOX wrote:
Nanners wrote:Zombies is already a mode and running on aloha humans vs zombies. I don't think we need to configure it to what suits you :o. Rather play the current mode and enjoy it :)

Well I also would preffer different zombie game mode than there is now. The one like in Counter strike. Everyone spawns normal, then one guy or few becomes a zombies. If you are killed by a zombie you instantly spawn as it, if you die as a zombie, you wait for the round to end.
So it's more like Arena + zombies than that constant killing that there is on Aloha right now. Quite booring i have to say.

Retired Member Missing In Action As Of 7/26/12
TheGeekZeke101

Postby Mayhem » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:47 pm

Nanners wrote:
swordoflightning wrote:what about zombies but when you die you become a zombie like infection on halo

Zombies is already a mode and running on aloha humans vs zombies. I don't think we need to configure it to what suits you :o. Rather play the current mode and enjoy it :)

The zombies game mode that we have is much more unrealistic than switching to zombies on death. I prefer a new one.

and I do agree with king of the hill, although I haven't read any of them. -.-
Display Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT PCIE
Mayhem

Postby BlueToonYoshi » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:19 pm

I think that both of those game modes will be very cool!
BlueToonYoshi

Postby LinktersHD » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:01 pm

They should have a Squad Gamemode were you can be in a squad in 4 or 3 and the squad with the most kills after a certin amount of time win
Nuketown map is out!:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=11021]

LinktersHD

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:02 pm

SIMOX wrote:

i dont remember CS have zombie mode...
CS:S or CSO?
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Postby SIMOX » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:31 pm

MrHaaaaaaxFF wrote:
SIMOX wrote:

Counter strike Source. It's unofficial mode like a script or something (same like here). Played it loooong time ago on some Germans server with unlimited ammo, no reloading (That doesn't mean it was easy) and was damn awesome. Then the server disappeared, counter strike got updated and now I don't even know if there is such mode. But I'm pretty sure that there's. Just not sure if there is such good server.
My all mods are Here. My first map is Here
Plays Ace of Spades since 2011 April 11 [0.21]
SIMOX

Postby tunaspirit » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:09 pm

how about Escape Mode? (crossfire)

green team must get into a certain area (marked with pink, cyan idk) to escape near the blue team's spawn, and the blue team must prevent the greens from entering that area, if enough people escape, greens win, if blues manage to prevent green hitting the limit in time, they win. Also there can be gates set up by the way to the escape zone, that are very tough and need 25 hits of an spade (or more), and it will be 3-5 layers thick.
p.s. seperate maps may have to be made
[18:33] <+boolface> hey guys imma releqase 0.76 now
[18:34] <+Ethoslab> TheGrandmaster hey do you have any idea when updates gona come
[18:34] <+gen_applejack> now
[18:34] <+gen_applejack> as boolface told us
tunaspirit

Postby LinktersHD » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:19 pm

MrHaaaaaaxFF wrote:
SIMOX wrote:

they do have Zombie gamemode lol.
Also there is already a Zombie Gamemode
Nuketown map is out!:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=11021]

LinktersHD

Postby SeriousSimFR » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:58 pm

Yeah, CS:S have a zombie gamemode, just search for 'CS:S zombie mode' on youtube, there are some crazy maps out there ;)

I agree with a variant of the zombie mode where only one player starts as zombie and spreads the infection by killing humans wich come back as undeads, not quite sure of how this would be made in aos, or if it would even be enjoyable.

Another game mode suggestion :

>> MUTANT <<

One player against all the others. The alone player is the 'mutant', and have some power ups (lot of health, double jump, lot of nade/ammo, armor, or whatever you can think of...).

The mutant position is dispalyed on the map for the other players to prevent camping (other good thing to prevent camping is having the mutant health slowly decrease and refill it with each kill).

Of course, if one player manage to kill the mutant, he immediatly spawns as a mutant himself while the old mutant get back to being a mere human. Killing the mutant rewards 10 points, as an intel cap, while killing an human only gets one point to the mutant.
SeriousSimFR

Postby SeriousSimFR » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:02 pm

Op updated with everyone's suggestions.
SeriousSimFR

Next