Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Modded sounds keep cutting out

Having troubles?

Modded sounds keep cutting out

Postby TheOperator » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:11 pm

Alright, I've been trying to make a new weapon sound, and maybe the file is too big or something, but is theres even a little bit of noise in the background only the first half of the noise plays while the rest gets cut off! Does anybody know why this happens or how to fix it?
TheOperator

Re: Modded sounds keep cutting out

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Tue May 01, 2012 6:30 am

TheOperator wrote:Alright, I've been trying to make a new weapon sound, and maybe the file is too big or something, but is theres even a little bit of noise in the background only the first half of the noise plays while the rest gets cut off! Does anybody know why this happens or how to fix it?

Happen to my M97. alot.
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Postby TheOperator » Wed May 02, 2012 12:04 pm

I cant believe nobody has anything to contribute... Does the VOXLAP sound engine just suck or something?
TheOperator

Postby SIMOX » Wed May 02, 2012 8:53 pm

I noticed that they cut out only when there are a lot of sounds around you. Or maybe even if there are a lot of players on the server. If there are like 6 ppl in total then sounds won't cut out. So I think that this engine just can't handle many sounds at one time or it's a hardware problem?
My all mods are Here. My first map is Here
Plays Ace of Spades since 2011 April 11 [0.21]
SIMOX

Postby TheOperator » Wed May 02, 2012 10:02 pm

Well, its been confirmed that this shouldn't be an issue with the new OpenGL engine. So, I guess this topic can be locked/deleted?
TheOperator

Return to Modding Help