Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

how do YOU make your scopes "blocky"

Having troubles?

how do YOU make your scopes "blocky"

Postby skweeky5252 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:14 am

i have made a few scopes but i can make them look "blocky" can someone help me out plz?
skweeky5252

Re: how do YOU make your scopes "blocky"

Postby ChaosTLW » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:30 am

I make a model inside SLAB6 and take a pic from it,then paste the pic on Paint.Net and start working from there
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby KnightOfPC » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:21 am

I get the gun model, I fix it up a bit to make it smexy, click r and t, (Shading and stuff), take a screen shot, paste it in Paint.net, fix it up a bit, open it up on Gimp, and then I work on the rest there.
People in your clan will come and go, but stay with the clan and the remaining will stay and help rebuild.
KnightOfPC
[USAB] Member

Postby skweeky5252 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:28 am

KnightOfPC wrote:I get the gun model, I fix it up a bit to make it smexy, click r and t, (Shading and stuff), take a screen shot, paste it in Paint.net, fix it up a bit, open it up on Gimp, and then I work on the rest there.

Thanks :D and one last thing how do you take a screenshot in whatever you use?
skweeky5252

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:31 pm

skweeky5252 wrote:
KnightOfPC wrote:I get the gun model, I fix it up a bit to make it smexy, click r and t, (Shading and stuff), take a screen shot, paste it in Paint.net, fix it up a bit, open it up on Gimp, and then I work on the rest there.

Thanks :D and one last thing how do you take a screenshot in whatever you use?

easy way:
Press Print Screen(Prt Sc for laptops) then paste to GIMP
hard way:
Press F12 OR File > Screen capture
Make sure that you got Slab6 in Full Screen.
Happy making sights!
From an fellow [FF] member
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Postby Foster » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:19 pm

you should double the dimensions and then edit the gun so it looks like there are so many pieces and parts then you can take a highlighter and make a small dot in the center of the screen and make sure your scope has the dot in the middle and it is a good vision (cut off the front of the gun if you have a scope) then you have to it f12 (if you do prt screen you get the windows bar) and open it with gimp, then scale he sight to 800 by 600, after you need to make sure the cross-hairs are in the center then save the file as a png and make sure that you add the layers into the png. once your done you can put it in your ace of spades folder in the C drive, then have fun!
Foster

Return to Modding Help