Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

How to Mod?

Having troubles?

How to Mod?

Postby thedoctor1212 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:08 pm

I really want to start making my own mod packs but I don't know how. Can SIMOX or someone else please post a detailed but easy to follow guide on modding?
People call me a pro. But they're wrong, killing isn't a profession, it's a passion.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gaming-melbourne
thedoctor1212

Re: How to Mod?

Postby TheSifodias » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:02 am

Here's what I got from SIMOX when I asked him for help on modding:
It's really easy to model things in SLAB6. Basic buttons are:
Insert - to insert 1 block which will be the same color as the one you were aiming at.
Delete - to delete one block.
End - to delete a lot of blocks. Usually you can set it's radius with [ and ] buttons.
Home - Alternative to End only this one adds not deletes.
Space - to paint blocks with your selected color. To select color move your mouse to bottom right corner and right-click on the color you want to use.

That's basic buttons in SLAB6. Try opening default semi.kv6 file and messing with it.
And always create weapon from default semi/smg/shotgun base, that way weapon will be facing the right direction.

I would recommend starting off by taking your semi and messing around with it for a bit(make improvements you always wanted, a scope, a holo). After you've understood the full controls, you should start making something slightly different form the semi. For example, my sniper is really a five version work in which I edited components of the semi, saved, and edited again.

After you've finished this, you have two choices: take requests to improve your skill or make your own original mod.
A leader, a sniper, a creator...
an admin, and a loyal clan member of USAB.

TheSifodias
[USAB] Member

Return to Modding Help