Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

kv6 files not working?

Having troubles?

kv6 files not working?

Postby LongShot » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:45 am

I have been using slab6 to change the kv6 files but i start the game and it says error:cannot load kv6 file.
here's what i did before that.
first i got slab6
then i change some of the kv6 file (grenade,playerdead,semi,shotgun,smg,tracer,note that i didn't just change the colour, i also change the body of some of the files.)
i named the files i modded semi1.kv6 shotgun1.kv6 etc. etc.
i made a backup file for AoS which has all the default skins in-case i ballsed up on the kv.6 files.
the backup file is not on the desktop or anything, it's inside the ace of spade main folder as ace of spades backup.

that's about it really i think the problem is either that you can only change the colour of stuff not the body, or that because my backup file is inside the main file, it's trying to read everything in there aswell with the things that aren't.

Thankyou for the help.
LongShot...
LongShot

Re: kv6 files not working?

Postby SIMOX » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:24 am

1. Please note that files named semi1.kv6 ; shotgun1.kv6 ; etc. won't work. Same would be if I named some file - crap.kv6
2. Make sure there are all necessary files in the main folder (That includes shotgun.kv6 ; semi.kv6 ; etc.) Again shotgun1.kv6 ; semi1.kv6 won't work. Backup folder with all default files can be anywhere.
3. You can change the color of anything the files should work. You can also change size of most of the files except - playerhead, playertorso, playertorsoc, playerleg, playerlegc and playerarms.
My all mods are Here. My first map is Here
Plays Ace of Spades since 2011 April 11 [0.21]
SIMOX

Return to Modding Help