Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Unreal Modders Haven [Tutorials][Downloads][Map Hosting]

Having problems creating a map? Ask around in here.

Unreal Modders Haven [Tutorials][Downloads][Map Hosting]

Postby Sandcrawler » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:56 am

Unreal Modders Haven is a website where modders can learn from community submitted tutorials, upload their maps, and skins, and talk to other community members. The website was started in 2006 by arramus for Star Wars Republic Commando, we later added Killing Floor, and most recently Ace of Spades (August 9th 2011).

Unreal Modders Haven Website

Sandcrawler.net Server
The server is a 24/7 dedicated server located in Chicago. The server is hosted by Jest Servers

The server runs maps that are submitted to the downloads section. So if you are looking for a dedicated server for your map, just register and upload the map. Then I'll add the map to the server, for all to see and play.

Tutorials:
I have created four tutorials that run the basics of Mapping for Ace of Spades (and touches on modeling):
1. Getting Started
2. Using Bitmap Converter
3. Creating Decorations
4. PySpades Map Editor

Download Repository:
The download repository is so you don't need to use file hosting sites like mediafire, and other shadier sites.

Features include:
- No Ads (I don't add any ads that popup)
- Categories (So you can easily browse maps, skins, or tools)
- Searchable (Search using keywords, to find what you are looking for)
- Screenshots, and descriptions right on the download page
- Ratings (see what files are rated the highest)
- Completely user managed (You can update, or remove your files at any time)

Registering for the websites gives you access to the Download Repository (Upload your own files to share, and rate files) use the link on the website, or go here.

You can also use Facebook to create an account, or an OpenID.

If you have any suggestions, or request for tutorials post them, and I'll let you know. You can also PM me if you would rather it be private.
Unreal Modders Haven Mapping Tutorials for Ace of Spades, as well as free map hosting.

Add your map to the downloads section on the website, and I will add it to the sandcrawler.net server.
Sandcrawler

Re: Unreal Modders Haven [Tutorials][Downloads][Map Hosting]

Postby Sandcrawler » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:21 am

Added information to the main post about the sandcrawler.net server.

The server will be running all maps that are uploaded to the website. If we reach the point where there are hundreds of maps then it will change to a combination of my picks, newest, and highest rated.
Unreal Modders Haven Mapping Tutorials for Ace of Spades, as well as free map hosting.

Add your map to the downloads section on the website, and I will add it to the sandcrawler.net server.
Sandcrawler

Re: Unreal Modders Haven [Tutorials][Downloads][Map Hosting]

Postby ortha1476 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:06 am

sandcrawler i have a problem i have exactly follwed all steps with the bitmap and heightmap made several attemps
ensured all the files have correct extensions
reinstalled the BCT and checked i had all files however my batch file does not crate a map.vxl or a .vxl anywhere on my pc...
the .bmp files are also 24 bit as the instructions said.

Never mind about that i think my images weren't 512 x 512
excelent tutorial very helpful
ortha1476

Return to Mapping Help