Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

404, map not found.

Having problems creating a map? Ask around in here.

404, map not found.

Postby lehma18 » Mon May 07, 2012 6:42 pm

I remember playing a map called "niagara falls" back around 0.21, anyone remember that? It was a nice map, definetely worth playing. I haven't seen it for a long long time, and i'd really want to play in it since it was the first custom map i ever played.
"Killing is just one of those things that gets easier the more you do it"- Solid Snake
"I did what i was told to do, the best i could." - Simo Häyhä, legendary finnish sniper.
lehma18

Re: 404, map not found.

Postby BuffetOfLies » Mon May 07, 2012 7:53 pm

IIRC it was called niagarafalls.vxl and was made by (now-banned) former forum moderator Lexsym. We don't like to talk about him much these days. He won't be missed.

It looked like this, correct?Image

It's probably just a heightmap of that photo with little, if any, editing done at all. In fact it was probably one of the few maps that Lexsym made that wasn't sort sort of passive-aggressive, hentai-themed troll map. No offense but despite your fond memories it was probably a pretty lousy map. One anybody could make in about 15 seconds if they bothered.

My suggestion is this. Consider it lost to the sands of Time. Just look for one of the many fine more-recently-created maps by one of the many fine map authors who frequent this very forum.
BuffetOfLies

Re: 404, map not found.

Postby lehma18 » Mon May 07, 2012 9:15 pm

BuffetOfLies wrote:IIRC it was called niagarafalls.vxl and was made by (now-banned) former forum moderator Lexsym. We don't like to talk about him much these days. He won't be missed.

It looked like this, correct?Image

It's probably just a heightmap of that photo with little, if any, editing done at all. In fact it was probably one of the few maps that Lexsym made that wasn't sort sort of passive-aggressive, hentai-themed troll map. No offense but despite your fond memories it was probably a pretty lousy map. One anybody could make in about 15 seconds if they bothered.

My suggestion is this. Consider it lost to the sands of Time. Just look for one of the many fine more-recently-created maps by one of the many fine map authors who frequent this very forum.

But, but.. THE NOSTALGIA *KICK BAM SOB*
"Killing is just one of those things that gets easier the more you do it"- Solid Snake
"I did what i was told to do, the best i could." - Simo Häyhä, legendary finnish sniper.
lehma18

Return to Mapping Help