Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Best Map Editor

Having problems creating a map? Ask around in here.

Best Map Editor

Postby Rert » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:37 pm

I was wondering what would be the best map editor to use.
Keep in mind im a noob when it comes to creating stuff so i want to work with a simple program
Rert

Re: Best Map Editor

Postby bobbotheclown » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:53 pm

there isn't really a best map editor, the best results come from using all the tools available to you.
Bobbo's awesome pack II
Bobbo's Awesome Pack I
I downloaded this game because it's free. i play it because it's fun and free.
bobbotheclown

Postby BuffetOfLies » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:32 pm

Every map builder seems to use a different process. I tend to start with start playing around making bitmaps for bildramer's heightmap application first until I get some terrain I like. Then I might load that into Voxed to add some KVX objects I'd created with Poly2Vox and Slab6. The pyspades map editor can be useful for changing water/ground level textures and decal and texture tweaking. A few people use Qubicle, a paid-program, which has some ability to create VXL maps, but I don't personally use it so I can't tell you too much more about it than that, I am afraid.
BuffetOfLies

Postby KirkHD » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:08 pm

May i have the download link to "bildramer's heightmap application".
KirkHD

Postby KirkHD » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:09 pm

Scrap that got the download link.
KirkHD

Postby Ki11aWi11 » Sat May 05, 2012 7:45 am

For my maps such as Capitol I often want to create everything from scratch and then make the insides of structures highly detailed so I use Minecraft and MC edit (a program that allows you to copy and paste among other things). I then used the map converter to finish it off.
Ki11aWi11

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Wed May 09, 2012 12:34 am

BuffetOfLies wrote:Every map builder seems to use a different process. I tend to start with start playing around making bitmaps for bildramer's heightmap application first until I get some terrain I like. Then I might load that into Voxed to add some KVX objects I'd created with Poly2Vox and Slab6. The pyspades map editor can be useful for changing water/ground level textures and decal and texture tweaking. A few people use Qubicle, a paid-program, which has some ability to create VXL maps, but I don't personally use it so I can't tell you too much more about it than that, I am afraid.

if you use Quibicle, you can get this converter (i have no idea where it is anymore) that converts it to a .vxl filea for free :D so you dont have to buy the full version
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby SDKEXILE » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:17 am

I use a payed terrain editing program called world builder. It makes a height map that is perfectly scaled for AOS and its in real time 3D. i haven't ever found a better program for height maps.

I still use the AOS converter program for heightmaps.

After that i go into VOXED with VOXED COMPANION and tweak a few areas. If i need props i use slab six.

it has been the easiest way to edit maps i've found.
SDKEXILE

Return to Mapping Help