Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

How to do Maps in SLAB6?!

Having problems creating a map? Ask around in here.

How to do Maps in SLAB6?!

Postby PumpSkin » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:15 pm

Hey guys!

Like you can see at Topic I wanna know how to make maps with slab6 cause if I wanna save slab6 files I can do this only in .kvx .kv6 oder .vox but not in .vxl ...

Hope you can answer me :)
PumpSkin

Re: How to do Maps in SLAB6?!

Postby Carnage » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:47 pm

You don't do maps in Slab6... Slab6 is mainly used for making textures (.kv6). VOXED, which is installed with your Ace of Spades download, is used for making maps. Slab6 can also be used to make items that are used for furnishing the maps.

Carnage
[SPQR] Member

Postby PumpSkin » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:48 am

Thanks... but I saw many guys writing sth about doing maps in slab6 like SIMOX:

Well what I'm trying to make exactly is De_Dust 2. That shouldn't take too long since I already got base map in SLAB6 (it's that small that I'm going to build it in slab6).
PumpSkin

Postby BuffetOfLies » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:45 am

Slab6, as has been said before, can create and edit KV6 and KVX voxel models. But it has limitations, such as only being able to load an object that is 256x256x255. AoS maps are VXL models at 512x512x64. See the difference here?

Simox is probably using Slab6 to create elements such as terrain, trees, buildings or whatever and is then importing them into Voxed and placing them in a map. But the bottom line is you can't load or save a VXL map into Slab6.
BuffetOfLies

Postby PumpSkin » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:54 am

BuffetOfLies wrote:Slab6, as has been said before, can create and edit KV6 and KVX voxel models. But it has limitations, such as only being able to load an object that is 256x256x255. AoS maps are VXL models at 512x512x64. See the difference here?

Simox is probably using Slab6 to create elements such as terrain, trees, buildings or whatever and is then importing them into Voxed and placing them in a map. But the bottom line is you can't load or save a VXL map into Slab6.

That was what I wanted to know man! Thanks a lot! :)
PumpSkin

Postby Paratrooper » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:05 am

You use SLAB6 to create props. On the other hand, the Bitmap converter is used to make the terrain.

By combining the Props in SLAB6 and the terrain generated in the Bitmap Converter, one could easily make maps.

Remember to save props made in SLAB6 as a KVX.

Insert a model into Voxed by pressing "U". Use the numpad to rotate or move the model.
To a Physicist, white and black is the presence and absence of color.
To a Fine Artist, white and black are just shades and tints of color.
To a Painter, any paint that you could get into a can is a color.
THIS color, on the other hand, is #b4d455.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Return to Mapping Help