Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

i need help S: intel/flag/spawn

Having problems creating a map? Ask around in here.

i need help S: intel/flag/spawn

Postby lohpeshoh » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:49 am

hi, well i'm new here and my english is awful. I created a very small map S: but i spawn in the water and the intel whit the flag too. how can i decide where spawn? .... and sorry for my english
lohpeshoh

Re: i need help S: intel/flag/spawn

Postby BuffetOfLies » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:34 pm

You can't really choose where to spawn. Not unless you were to write a custom script for pyspades like the team survivor mode has. I don't know much more about that. But this may be of assistance.

But you might find this graphic useful:

If there is no land at all, the intel and tent and spawns will spawn in water. In a custom map the objects will always spawn in the same "random" locations. The game probably uses an algorithm which bases the random number seed on the map itself. If you use the standard "gen" maps this will always be different for each randomly generated map. But on a static custom map, it will always be in the same place. So you might be able to find just the right balance that would make things spawn roughly where you want, but it's hit or miss.
BuffetOfLies

Re: i need help S: intel/flag/spawn

Postby TheGrandmaster » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:14 am

pyspades has this:
http://code.google.com/p/pyspades/wiki/MapScripting

I am hoping I can get someone to write a full tutorial on how to easily use this - the raw way is to just edit the .txt file for each map.
I'd advise downloading the pyspades featured server (which is in the downloads panel on the left hand side on the link above), and having a look at the .txt files for each map, since this is where the code (shown in the link) goes.

For vanilla servers, you'll just have to follow buffet_of_lies' graphic. Make sure you have a big enough sized chunk in the spawning areas too, as I think the server chooses 20 random locations to try and place a player on land. If it doesn't find one within 20, the player is placed in water.
IGN: TheGrandmaster or <@tGM~wiki> | #AoS: IRC channel
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
Latest AoS video: here
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Return to Mapping Help