Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

How to colour wrong blocks

Having problems creating a map? Ask around in here.

How to colour wrong blocks

Postby ChopChopThePanda » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:56 pm

Hey,

I just started to make a map. I made a bitmap and a height map. I converted them to a map.vxl. I started the server, and look the map ingame.
This is what i saw:

U see, that there are blocks on the ground which are blue, but they should be green. (Green=Landscape, Blue=Lake)
So i dont know how to make them all, cause the lake is too big. when i use pyspades map editor, i will take 20 millionen hours. when i made the bitmap, i used the rgb-noise filter too add some more realistic, and now when i need to colourchange each block over pme, the area around the lake will look dumb, cause it just one colour, while everything have this rgb-noise-filter.

i dont how to change the colour of the blocks fast. can u help me?
Bitte schreibt mir eine Nachricht wenn ihr aus Deutschland kommt. :D
GERMAN COMMUNITY TEAM

<Ironime>I told my dad about the ps3
<Carnage`>And he said
<ChopPanda|>duck u
<Carnage`>lol
ChopChopThePanda
[FF] Member

Re: How to colour wrong blocks

Postby BuffetOfLies » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:50 pm

Well... I don't know about "fast" but the easiest way is to be patient and use pyspades. When you made the original bitmap (for the heightmap converter I assume) you want to make sure you turn off aliasing on edges thedifferent levels on the heightmap. You need to plan ahead. There's not really any easy, fast way to correct what you want to.
BuffetOfLies

Return to Mapping Help