Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

[INF] Lone Tower

Post your masterpieces in here!

Re: [INF] Lone Tower

Postby IAmYourFriend » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:28 am

SDKEXILE wrote:The thin tower walls
Your map is hosted on Aloha.pk's INF server. this is great. but Aloha.PK{INF} does not use block protection. Greens were able to destroy the blue tower before blue even capped 7 points on defence. Green didn't even have to cap until the blue team was on the ground getting spawn-shot the second they appeared. this is due to the thin walls of the tower.

Playing this map on aloha.pk infiltration is a real pain in the butt because of this. The green team gets the tower collapsed after a few minutes after map start. Then, the blue team just spawns on the flat ground, surrounded by greens who can easily spawnkill the WHOLE blue team. There is no chance for the blue team to do anything here, the whole round is just about greens spawn camping all blues.
IAmYourFriend

Postby Ki11aWi11 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:35 pm

IAmYourFriend wrote:
SDKEXILE wrote:The thin tower walls
Your map is hosted on Aloha.pk's INF server. this is great. but Aloha.PK{INF} does not use block protection. Greens were able to destroy the blue tower before blue even capped 7 points on defence. Green didn't even have to cap until the blue team was on the ground getting spawn-shot the second they appeared. this is due to the thin walls of the tower.

Playing this map on aloha.pk infiltration is a real pain in the butt because of this. The green team gets the tower collapsed after a few minutes after map start. Then, the blue team just spawns on the flat ground, surrounded by greens who can easily spawnkill the WHOLE blue team. There is no chance for the blue team to do anything here, the whole round is just about greens spawn camping all blues.

Okay, I've just updated the map link, the walls are no longer as thin, and, I just moved all the green spawns to the right side of the map, they can still flank the blues but they no longer rush in from all sides, just the right side now.
Ki11aWi11

Postby heracles4 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:15 pm

Would it be a problem to make the moat bigger? right now it is super easy for them to just go across the moat..
My maps:
Arena: Abordage, CastleWars

CTF: DarkMoon

heracles4

Postby izzy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:30 am

yeah, the moat needs to be bigger, a good 3 or 4 times bigger. the whole tower should be bigger as well, probably at least twice as big with even thicker walls. and please bring back the circular surrounding spawn points, that's what made this map especially unique.
izzy
Site Admin

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:50 am

I like the new update :D
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby Ki11aWi11 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:45 pm

Okay, , I'll change the way the tower is build and I'll remove the courtyard inside, I'll fix it up over the weekend.
Ki11aWi11

Postby LASTofS » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:04 pm

Looks great. I'd love to play this map.
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby Ki11aWi11 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:41 pm

I altered the tower and the photo shows what it now looks like.
Ki11aWi11

Postby IAmYourFriend » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Ki11aWi11 wrote:I altered the tower

Thanks for the improvements! Just played it on aloha, awesome, yet challenging map.
IAmYourFriend

Postby LASTofS » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:53 pm

Note: This thread has been featured in the AoS Newsletter!
http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=10192#p129594
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Previous

Return to Released Maps