Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

[MAP] HeadOn

Post your masterpieces in here!

[MAP] HeadOn

Postby YoavD » Fri May 04, 2012 9:06 pm

This map is very simple, it mostly flat and its narrow to make it intense (inspired by Goon Assault).
The teams' spawns are elevated and have a 4 blocks thick bunker bebeath them to help handling spawn supressing.
When we tesed it my friends asked me to add something interestin in the middle, so there is a big wall in the middle which gives an advantage to those on top and also adds interest.
The idea is that the map is flat and the warfare shapes it (much like hallaway). You can only dig two blocks down to make a trench, and if you want to survive its better to build cover than run in the open. It is planned for 32 player TDM, but in our small Israeli server we got 16 players at most, still it was a lot of fun for every one there :)

How it looks from above:

download:

http://uploading.com/files/m3997c26/HeadOn.zip

As I mentioned, at the moment we arent getting enough of people in our server, and I would love feedback if anyone uses this map in their server, no matter if its good or bad one.
Last edited by YoavD on Fri May 04, 2012 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YoavD

Re: [MAP] HeadOn

Postby Falk3n » Fri May 04, 2012 9:27 pm

Neat idea for the spawn areas. Some other FPS games use a similar idea to protect from spawn killers. It reminds me of Goon Assault.
Falk3n

Postby BuffetOfLies » Fri May 04, 2012 10:06 pm

Apply directly to the forehead!
BuffetOfLies

Postby YoavD » Fri May 04, 2012 10:24 pm

Falk3n wrote:Neat idea for the spawn areas. Some other FPS games use a similar idea to protect from spawn killers. It reminds me of Goon Assault.

Actually Goon Haven is my favourite server, but since its in the US my ping there is insane so its hard for me to play...
YoavD

Return to Released Maps