Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

STAR WARS Themed maps by RandomJack & SuperCool

Post your masterpieces in here!

STAR WARS Themed maps by RandomJack & SuperCool

Postby RandomJack » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:18 pm

Hello, this is my first post so excuse if I have done this wrong.

My name is RandomJack and one of the admin of the SuperCool Builders. I've recycled a few old terrains and had my good mate JohnRambozo create some custom terrains. I'm a bit a star wars fan, so I've made some custom themed maps. Now we don't make these in voxed or anything build program, we make these maps the old fashioned, fun and slow way. The structures and objects are made block by block. Everything is made in-game. Some say we're crazy, but the results speak for themselves. This game has a seriously fun build component, so we use it.

I have about 25 maps, but right now I'm putting 7 up for download. I have attached the vxl and text file for spawn points as these maps have very specific spawns, intel and health tent. I know people freak out when I say this, but some of these maps are best played when build is turned off... I can hear you yell at me... Yes, I know, building is fun, but once the spawns have been destroyed, everyone will fall to their death and your game and server will be annoying. Although it is a bit of fun watching 32 people spawn mid-air and die continuously, but they get very annoyed and you get abused. :)

I would like to thank the SuperCool Builders and contributors for helping where and when they could.

Uploaded with mediafire

Map - EGYPT - Ancient Egypt with Roman influences
THE MAP
THE TEXT FILE

Map - FALLUJAH - Based on the city in Iraq
THE MAP
THE TEXT FILE

Map - Star Wars - Planet Mustafar - Based on the Lava Planet from the movie. Turn build off for this map, or everyone will die quickly. Also, lava does kill... obviously :)
THE MAP
THE TEXT FILE

Map - ICE BRIDGE - Recycled terrain of Scandinavia - Icy water will kill - Look for hidden and tricky sniper boxes.
THE MAP
THE TEXT FILE

Map - ALCATRAZ - Based roughly on the prison island. Great fun for teams working well together. Again, the water is filled with sharks.. they will kill you. :)
THE MAP
THE TEXT FILE

Map - THE INCREDIBLES - Based from the animated movie with the same name. This is a great fun map with lots of themed builds to explore. Recycled the paradise terrain. So many secrets on this map. The image I provided doesn't do it justice. Many hours put into these builds, but worth it.
THE MAP
THE TEXT FILE

Saved the best for last.

Map - STAR WARS - HOTH - Based on the snow battle on Planet Hoth. Yes, this map has two full size AT-AT and flying snow speeders, and you can climb inside the AT-AT. All built block by block. Yes, it took me many hours, but worth it!
THE MAP
THE TEXT FILE

I really hope you enjoy these maps. We had fun putting them together. I have many more maps that I will upload over the next few weeks, but if you wish to visit the SuperCool Builders and see what we do, or come see a map under construction, visit one of our servers. Every few weeks we put up a war server that will cycle through many of our original and themed maps. We take building to the next level.

SuperCool Build / War Server
SuperCool Custom Map Build Server

Thanks,
RandomJack
SuperCool Admin
Last edited by RandomJack on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
RandomJack

Re: Themed maps by RandomJack & SuperCool

Postby Reporauno » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:26 pm

Awesome maps ;)
Reporauno

Postby BlueToonYoshi » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:51 pm

Great maps y'all! As long as you keep building, I will keep downloading them! :)
BlueToonYoshi

Postby BuffetOfLies » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:52 pm

Welcome, RandomJack! Nice to see you paying us a visit here! I had a lot of fun watching you live-editing maps in god mode yesterday. Thanks for sharing these with the forum!
BuffetOfLies

Re: STAR WARS Themed maps by RandomJack & SuperCool

Postby zBlooDxClan » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:10 am

Randomjack,can you unban me? Im sorry for asking you to build and harassing you xD I like the custom map builds and yeah...
[url=http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=245 Image[/url]
zBlooDxClan

Postby rafcommando1 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:15 pm

i like the look of them. ice bridge looks very grief able though
Profile avatars are overrated.
rafcommando1

Postby RandomJack » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:59 am

Yes, everything can be destroyed, but I make fast moving war maps. Which means most of the time I disabled build on the server so the map can be played and enjoyed. I do get the odd few who scream at me that build/destroy is part of the game, as if I wasn't aware of that fact. Then they argue that the build helps with with tactics. Again, something I'm aware of and agree that is can be useful, but none of that bothers me. I disable build on some maps because they are more fun to just play. That the wonder of choice, you can play the server, or not.

PS, blood, when you come into my server, swear and abuse people with the worse language possible, expect an obvious reaction.
RandomJack

Postby rafcommando1 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:03 pm

RandomJack wrote:Yes, everything can be destroyed, but I make fast moving war maps. Which means most of the time I disabled build on the server so the map can be played and enjoyed. I do get the odd few who scream at me that build/destroy is part of the game, as if I wasn't aware of that fact. Then they argue that the build helps with with tactics. Again, something I'm aware of and agree that is can be useful, but none of that bothers me. I disable build on some maps because they are more fun to just play. That the wonder of choice, you can play the server, or not.

PS, blood, when you come into my server, swear and abuse people with the worse language possible, expect an obvious reaction.

I know what you mean. those people arnt very god at this game.
Profile avatars are overrated.
rafcommando1

Postby BuffetOfLies » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:33 am

BuffetOfLies

Postby SeriousSimFR » Wed May 02, 2012 4:03 am

Dude, this looks awesome. +1 for star wars theme :p
****Image<- Click ! ->Image
Yet Another AoS MAP : DECK 17****EPIC UNREAL TOURNAMENT SKIN PACK
Image-------------------------Image
SeriousSimFR

Postby Eden » Wed May 02, 2012 4:24 am

Holy shi...
[BOSS]a spy banned for 15 minutes: Votekicked (not moveing like a lemon)
Eden

Postby BuffetOfLies » Wed May 02, 2012 4:38 pm

You think these are cool? Check out the SuperCool blog Build gallery!

The fact that these guys make this stuff by HAND just blows my mind.
BuffetOfLies

Postby Elsweyr » Sun May 06, 2012 3:50 pm

GREEEEAT MAPS! i hope to see them soon on the main servers!! *-*'
oh, and about the supercool blog.. AWESOME!!! how much time people spend making those thinks? it's just beautiful *-*'
Tenso! xD
Elsweyr

Postby LASTofS » Tue May 08, 2012 4:09 am

Today, I learned what the black/yellow symbol actually meant.
I love the maps, especially the Star Wars themed ones.
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby Doomlord » Sat May 12, 2012 9:17 am

how do you create a account and become an admin
Doomlord

Next

Return to Released Maps