Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Assault Reborn

Post your masterpieces in here!

Assault Reborn

Postby Metal » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:08 pm

This map created originaly by Chrispin called Assault .
Edited by The Brotherhood.
Vxl file: http://www.mediafire.com/?984jb7ebypc2xv0
Txt file: http://www.mediafire.com/?p4cimngcjtlt1r6
Special thanks to Carnage,Joe and Jordan for helping build the map.
Metal

Re: Assault Reborn

Postby Sasquatch » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:03 am

Unrelated: Do you happen to listen to metal, or do you just call yourself metal?
You killed Deuce7
Sasquatch

Postby Carnage » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:34 am

@Sasquatch, he's Metal in real life. That's why. :3
Last edited by Carnage on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carnage
[SPQR] Member

Postby Metal » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:11 am

I call myself metal because of my taste in music but i do like tonnes of diffrent genres :L oh and carnage i can answer my own questions :L
Metal

Postby Dany0 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:05 pm

I think the map is ridiculous and useless, but there you go:
http://img1.uploadscreenshot.com/images ... 2-orig.png
Dany0

Postby Metal » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:12 pm

lol well its not intirely finished i suppose
Metal

Postby Dany0 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:40 pm

It's useless, the map is plain for a reason. To be uniquely designed by people every time it's played. Making a custom 'reborn' version of it is irrelevant unless you preserve the plain nature of the map. Just giving it a few forts is exactly not the reason custom maps are for. Besides, you can't judge how well the forts will stand if you obviously didn't build them during the battle. Calling it 'reborn' is ridiculous as well, 'with pre-made forts' maybe. But it just takes away the appeal of the original. Something like this viewtopic.php?f=67&t=2072 could be called 'reborn'. It keeps the map's idea and just adds trenches. It's simple and does affect gameplay.

And the colours could be improved too.
Dany0

Postby Carnage » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:51 am

Here's an idea, Dany0. Give us some suggestions instead of insulting it? We can't do anything with you acting like that and posting "useless" and hurtful comments.

Carnage
[SPQR] Member

Postby TheGrandmaster » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:14 am

@Carnage:
If you look through Dany0's insults, there is a little bit of advice in there.
If he continues to post these insulting posts he will be warned and possibly banned.

Translating Dany0's post into more constructive language:
"Colours could be improved a bit, and my personal opinion is that less should be pre-built since it takes away from the simple nature of the original map".

I personally don't mind the map. It's not 'useless', it's just a method of speeding up the natural growth of the buildings. Likelihood is that they'd eventually be torn down in some horrific manner if in public play for a long time.. I find maps like the original assault annoying due to their difficulty to move around - especially blue team having to get down from their 'podium' is quite annoying to do. So having the extension with some stairs, in my opinion, is nice. I'm not sure how much camping would go on from the building, but so long as greens get enough cover then it should be alright.
IGN: TheGrandmaster or <@tGM~wiki> | #AoS: IRC channel
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
Latest AoS video: here
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Postby LASTofS » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:31 pm

Dany0 wrote:It's useless, the map is plain for a reason. To be uniquely designed by people every time it's played. Making a custom 'reborn' version of it is irrelevant unless you preserve the plain nature of the map. Just giving it a few forts is exactly not the reason custom maps are for. Besides, you can't judge how well the forts will stand if you obviously didn't build them during the battle. Calling it 'reborn' is ridiculous as well, 'with pre-made forts' maybe. But it just takes away the appeal of the original. Something like this viewtopic.php?f=67&t=2072 could be called 'reborn'. It keeps the map's idea and just adds trenches. It's simple and does affect gameplay.

Yeah.. basically this is the same map only with buildings
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby Metal » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:23 pm

LASTofS wrote:
Dany0 wrote:It's useless, the map is plain for a reason. To be uniquely designed by people every time it's played. Making a custom 'reborn' version of it is irrelevant unless you preserve the plain nature of the map. Just giving it a few forts is exactly not the reason custom maps are for. Besides, you can't judge how well the forts will stand if you obviously didn't build them during the battle. Calling it 'reborn' is ridiculous as well, 'with pre-made forts' maybe. But it just takes away the appeal of the original. Something like this viewtopic.php?f=67&t=2072 could be called 'reborn'. It keeps the map's idea and just adds trenches. It's simple and does affect gameplay.

Yeah.. basically this is the same map only with buildings

nice one LASTofS great observation skills and you know what it was meant to be the same map with buildings :D
Metal

Postby LASTofS » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:54 pm

Metal wrote:nice one LASTofS great observation skills and you know what it was meant to be the same map with buildings :D

My post was a TL;DR
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Return to Released Maps