Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

[Map] de_dust2 [Arena]

Post your masterpieces in here!

Re: [Map] de_dust2 [Arena]

Postby Danke » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:37 am

On the plus side, the thin floor is pretty good at stopping glitchers from getting an early start.
Danke

Postby Putin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:21 pm

This map is CRAP!
1. It looks like crap , the boxes are just like dirt piles
2.The map is "flying" and its floor is 1block deep so you will fall out of map and die in the deadly water.
3.You could really put much more effort in it it isn't good.
AoS The worst game with the greatest potential .
Putin

Postby TheVirgo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:15 pm

Alright then, Putin, let's see you make a better map. Let's see you recreate an extremely popular map from a different game into Ace of Spades.

Also, I have never had a problem falling through the floor.
TheVirgo
Komrade Member

Location: Somewhere on the battlefields of Minit in the land of AceoSpadia

Postby Putin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:43 pm

Go to this map on the internet and you will find 1/3 players falling down out of the map. Also Im really not going to make a map just to show i can do it better i find this map crap and i gave constructive criticise so live with it or spam/cry the thread with stupid arguments .
Putin

Postby heracles4 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:48 pm

True, you may have given constructive criticism, but you put it layered deep down under insults.
My maps:
Arena: Abordage, CastleWars

CTF: DarkMoon

heracles4

Postby Putin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:58 pm

Really I said 2 times Crap that isn't that insulting , and all in all be a men don't cry cause of internet "insults" or (hard criticise )
Putin

Postby MUSEFan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:39 pm

Come on, he just finished the map! It's like in it's "beta" version, I'm sure he will fix all the bugs people find.
^ Click to go to Freedom Fighters' official sub-section!
CIMCCIKOTCM wrote:Idiot no aimbot there, that's pro shit right there.
MUSEFan
[FF] Leader

Postby TheVirgo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:57 pm

Putin wrote:Go to this map on the internet and you will find 1/3 players falling down out of the map. Also Im really not going to make a map just to show i can do it better i find this map crap and i gave constructive criticise so live with it or spam/cry the thread with stupid arguments .

Constructive criticism is defined as, quote, "criticism or advice that is useful and intended to help or improve something, often with an offer of possible solutions." To be honest, you never really said how the map could be improved. Um, yeah, add another layer of blocks. Other than that, you just bitched about how awful it was. And then you say how I have to live with it or spam the thread with stupid arguments. The irony of it is just too much, really.
TheVirgo
Komrade Member

Location: Somewhere on the battlefields of Minit in the land of AceoSpadia

Postby ChaosTLW » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:42 pm

I don't really think it is a big deal, as it is intended for use in Arena, where you can't break blocks.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby CraftDinur » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:11 am

i liked the map. it was fun to play it on aloha arena with Zekester. only issue was at times Zeke got some lag and fell through the map which killed himself.
IGN: CraftDinur, Mr. Yoshimori, 49th Parallel
CraftDinur

Postby Putin » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:33 am

CraftDinur wrote:i liked the map. it was fun to play it on aloha arena with Zekester. only issue was at times Zeke got some lag and fell through the map which killed himself.

Hehehe i said that to @TheVirgo but he said that doesnt happens xD
Putin

Postby Danke » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:20 am

I've seen it happen, but it's nowhere near "1/3 of players." Honestly, if you're lagging through the map regularly: you're either lagging hard enough that you shouldn't be playing, or you are alt-tabbing/have a bunch of other shit running. Besides, the point of the map was to test converting bsp to poly2vox. If I make a new version (or a different goldsrc/source map), I intend to have the proper textures and fix the shallow floors.

From playing on lts and the 24/7 server, I've found the number of people who enjoy the map to be a lot greater than the number of people who think it is crap. In the meantime, here's a quick solution for people who don't like my maps: don't play them.
Danke

Postby TheGeekZeke101 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:37 am

With the whole falling through the map, filling the bottom would fix it. I honestly dont think it's necessary to leave it empty. I understand why you started like that, but for it to be filled would be nice.

CraftDinur wrote:i liked the map. it was fun to play it on aloha arena with Zekester. only issue was at times Zeke got some lag and fell through the map which killed himself.

Yeah, lots of fun indeed!

Retired Member Missing In Action As Of 7/26/12
TheGeekZeke101

Postby Potassium » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:36 am

I got the chance to try it out, and it's a lot of fun :D
I didn't have any more than the usual troubles with lag and it kept me entertained with how much structural variance it has. Very nice job.
IGN: [USAB]showboat
Potassium
[USAB] Member

Postby MediumShadow » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:35 am

when i can actually play without falling through the map 100,000 times it is fun but u really need to fix the floor glitches and take out the annoying counterstrike glitch where you can run around in the floor. Its annoying as hell when u get killed by the ANNOYING NOOB in the ground thinking they are pro because they glitched into the ground.
click the link to check my armory -->>http://goo.gl/gAU4R<<--
HIGHEST KILL STREAK:http://i47.tinypic.com/34rt0nr.jpg
MOST KILLS:245

Med-Shadow or flyingpoptart is my ign
MediumShadow

PreviousNext

Return to Released Maps