Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

The Tower World [In progress]

All things voxel.

Re: The Tower World [IN PRGS, HELP APPRETIATED]

Postby Krooper » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:03 am

It's awesome to hear such good replies from you guys (^_^) I'll try my best to finish this as fast as possible!
(I still'd appreciate some help though)
[click that^^^]
I'M KROOPER!
Krooper

Re: The Tower World [IN PRGS, HELP APPRETIATED]

Postby Krooper » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:16 am

---In Progress---

Btw if anyone wishes to help, here's what I need:

- A tower (or two), cuz I'm out of ideas (and googling makes me feel like I'm stealing),
- Low-altitude terrain (preferably with texture: dessert, or gray stone),
- Act of encouragement ^_^
[click that^^^]
I'M KROOPER!
Krooper

Re: The Tower World [In progress]

Postby EssigGurkenFred » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:31 pm

I like the idea... but yeah I think that there were too many hidding places...
EssigGurkenFred

Postby Pvtrex » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:54 pm

This map would be fun when 64 player support comes. I've always a map where you can run in buildings and the like but too few servers host capitol. There should be more city maps in aos. +1 to you
You just gotta love that feeling when you're using a smg and you flank 3 rifle players huddle together in 1 spot.
Pvtrex

Postby Krooper » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:12 am

thx everyone ^_^ btw, I figured how it's gonna be - an after-war theme (future, of course. Thank you, Battlefield 2142 ;), there'll be something like NY - a river, land full of skyscrapers (towers) on one side, and low-storied stuff on the other. The story is something like this: a plane with what's left of spec ops team on-board gets RPG-shot in one of it's turbines. Everyone on the plane has to evacuate (there'll be flying platforms underneath the plane for guys to jump on so they won't "fall too far" (60 blocks is a hard fall ;). The other team - rebels, are in the city (obviously, it was them, who shot the plane). The two landmasses are connected by a beat-up bridge (which is the only way for the spec ops team to get into the city and vice versa). I had 3 ideas about the main task:
1. Ordinary ctf: blue flag and base are on the ground underneath the plane (I actually thought that they should first be on the plane (first ~15 secs) and then fall on the ground (while the plane "self destructs" in the air). Spawn location changes after that).
2. Kinda like the "Babel" mode combined with "King of the Hill" - green rebels have to destroy the plane (1 block, but it can only be done with a spade), and Blue Spec ops have to either take over the green tent (like in tc mode) or destroy one of their towers (also with a spade only).
[click that^^^]
I'M KROOPER!
Krooper

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:41 am

Krooper wrote:thx everyone ^_^ btw, I figured how it's gonna be - an after-war theme (future, of course. Thank you, Battlefield 2142 ;), there'll be something like NY - a river, land full of skyscrapers (towers) on one side, and low-storied stuff on the other. The story is something like this: a plane with what's left of spec ops team on-board gets RPG-shot in one of it's turbines. Everyone on the plane has to evacuate (there'll be flying platforms underneath the plane for guys to jump on so they won't "fall too far" (60 blocks is a hard fall ;). The other team - rebels, are in the city (obviously, it was them, who shot the plane). The two landmasses are connected by a beat-up bridge (which is the only way for the spec ops team to get into the city and vice versa). I had 3 ideas about the main task:
1. Ordinary ctf: blue flag and base are on the ground underneath the plane (I actually thought that they should first be on the plane (first ~15 secs) and then fall on the ground (while the plane "self destructs" in the air). Spawn location changes after that).
2. Kinda like the "Babel" mode combined with "King of the Hill" - green rebels have to destroy the plane (1 block, but it can only be done with a spade), and Blue Spec ops have to either take over the green tent (like in tc mode) or destroy one of their towers (also with a spade only).

Perferably an operational plane and ropes. You can't make the smoke if it's too high, didn't you?
Oh, ropes? They could be like 2-block-high step on 1-block-tower. Spiral staircase, if you know what i mean :D
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Postby Krooper » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:08 am

MrHaaaaaaxFF wrote:Perferably an operational plane and ropes. You can't make the smoke if it's too high, didn't you?
Oh, ropes? They could be like 2-block-high step on 1-block-tower. Spiral staircase, if you know what i mean :D

Well, first, the plane isn't the vertically-flyin' one - it's a jet, so the smoke is gonna be behind and slightly above the turbine. Second, who said that players are meant to come back on the plane after they 'evacuate'? It's a one-way journey ;) That's why those platforms are gonna be 6-7 blocks above/below each other. They're only meant to slow down the fallin' players, that's it. I really want to make a mini-adventure for both teams
[click that^^^]
I'M KROOPER!
Krooper

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:34 am

Krooper wrote:
MrHaaaaaaxFF wrote:Perferably an operational plane and ropes. You can't make the smoke if it's too high, didn't you?

Well, first, the plane isn't the vertically-flyin' one - it's a jet, so the smoke is gonna be behind and slightly above the turbine. Second, who said that players are meant to come back on the plane after they 'evacuate'? It's a one-way journey ;) That's why those platforms are gonna be 6-7 blocks above/below each other. They're only meant to slow down the fallin' players, that's it. I really want to make a mini-adventure for both teams

Then fog-colored platforms would do it.
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Postby Krooper » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:00 am

MrHaaaaaaxFF wrote:Then fog-colored platforms would do it.

... And how do I get such color? (should it be a script or what?)
[click that^^^]
I'M KROOPER!
Krooper

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:02 am

Krooper wrote:
MrHaaaaaaxFF wrote:Then fog-colored platforms would do it.

... And how do I get such color? (should it be a script or what?)

hmmmm?
How about you edit it in game? Like, put some basic platform down in Voxed, then go in-game, change colors of the platform(takes quite a time, but i don't know any other ways) then save the map.
The color of the fog? You could find it near light blue row. Keep testing until you found the right one.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Postby xF1avour » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:20 am

Looks nice! Can't wait
F1avour
xF1avour

Postby Krooper » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:33 am

MrHaaaaaaxFF wrote:hmmmm?
How about you edit it in game? Like, put some basic platform down in Voxed, then go in-game, change colors of the platform(takes quite a time, but i don't know any other ways) then save the map.
The color of the fog? You could find it near light blue row. Keep testing until you found the right one.

btw I was reading THIS recently, and I really was interested in the Gradient topic. Does it have anything to do with changing colors the way I need? (cus I didn' get a damn thing from that topic, 'xcept for pain in my imaginary brain)
[click that^^^]
I'M KROOPER!
Krooper

Postby Krooper » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:35 am

xF1avour wrote:Looks nice! Can't wait

Lol, neither can I *sigh*
[click that^^^]
I'M KROOPER!
Krooper

Previous

Return to Mapping