Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Variations on a theme.

All things voxel.

Variations on a theme.

Postby pithecircle » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:32 am

I have... Strange taste in maps. I play maps that are very stagnant and encourage rifle use. This is probably why I play more red Orchestra 2 than ace of Spades...

So I thought, How could i make a map that encourages building, Trench Warfare, Rifle use, and slow battles, but doesn't punish using smg?

So I started by thinking: Which maps encourage you to build the most? I came up with:
Pinpoint
Goon assault
Island

Then: Which maps encourage trenches?
Another Planet
Pinpoint 2

Maps that encourage Rifle use:
Magmatic
Snowblind
The other side
Stadium
Anything big with little cover

So how could i design a map that combines these elements without punishing players with smg's.

I came up with this: A map similar to goonassualt in size and shape, but with regular rolling hills so you have a map that encourages rifle use, and could be good for tug of war, as the hills would act as tactical points.

Any thoughts?
pithecircle

Re: Variations on a theme.

Postby Articsledder » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:52 am

pithecircle wrote:I have... Strange taste in maps. I play maps that are very stagnant and encourage rifle use. This is probably why I play more red Orchestra 2 than ace of Spades...

So I thought, How could i make a map that encourages building, Trench Warfare, Rifle use, and slow battles, but doesn't punish using smg?

So I started by thinking: Which maps encourage you to build the most? I came up with:
Pinpoint
Goon assault
Island

Then: Which maps encourage trenches?
Another Planet
Pinpoint 2

Maps that encourage Rifle use:
Magmatic
Snowblind
The other side
Stadium
Anything big with little cover

So how could i design a map that combines these elements without punishing players with smg's.

I came up with this: A map similar to goonassualt in size and shape, but with regular rolling hills so you have a map that encourages rifle use, and could be good for tug of war, as the hills would act as tactical points.

Any thoughts?

You should see JoJoestinky's early work. Very similar to what you posted.
aend tehn teh cahirs began to snip
Articsledder

Return to Mapping