Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Realistic hallway

All things voxel.

Realistic hallway

Postby Lancer » Sat May 19, 2012 2:52 pm

Basically its the hallway map. Yes... The hallway map.

But lets say this, If we removed all the rainbow colors and used rocky ledges for the inside of the hall that would be great, That way you wouldn't need to build huge stairs but make do with rock climbing and digging. On the top of the two "chucks" separating the hallway. If we put caverns and trees up there we have a more realistic hallway. And for the grounds on both sides for both teams maybe if they where sandy beaches it would also provide more use to the realism scheme.

Well that's all i have needed to say so therefore Done like dinner.
Post anything else that can make it look realistic by anyway. And constructive criticism if i had missed something.

Chur Chaps.

- LancerG2 -
Lancer

Re: Realistic hallway

Postby Valor » Sat May 19, 2012 3:27 pm

I had an idea to make it like an alleyway.
so the walls were all buildings.
Ace of Spade's resident Gay bar architect.

Valor
Bastion Warden

Postby zephir » Wed May 23, 2012 7:08 am

if you are gonna build something like that, don't give snipers the ability to overlook the other team's spawn and spawn camp. when the other team catches on they dig in and shoot from concealed & protected positions. if there's more than two campers they could do it for 10 to 15 minutes easy.

that's what i don't like about hallway.

then i spend 90 minutes leveling that part of the map... I'm sure people's seen it. hard to miss. huge chunks missing in the big tall chunks of blocks, immediately next to spawn.
this is only 45x45 blocks on each side. to combat spawn campers. if I allow them to do that they can just sit and kill everyone again and again every 20-30 seconds we spawn.
http://i.imgur.com/YAvew.png
zephir

Postby Paratrooper » Wed May 23, 2012 7:10 am

I hate hallway.

Though I love what happens when you run it for 24 hours straight. It seems to create a new map itself.
To a Physicist, white and black is the presence and absence of color.
To a Fine Artist, white and black are just shades and tints of color.
To a Painter, any paint that you could get into a can is a color.
THIS color, on the other hand, is #b4d455.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Postby BuffetOfLies » Wed May 23, 2012 1:08 pm

zephir wrote:...then i spend 90 minutes leveling that part of the map... I'm sure people's seen it. hard to miss. huge chunks missing in the big tall chunks of blocks, immediately next to spawn.
this is only 45x45 blocks on each side. to combat spawn campers. if I allow them to do that they can just sit and kill everyone again and again every 20-30 seconds we spawn.
http://i.imgur.com/YAvew.png

Yeah. We've noticed. Nice strategic griefing!
BuffetOfLies

Return to Mapping