Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

[StartedWorkOn] Abadoned Stronghold [ARENA]

All things voxel.

[StartedWorkOn] Abadoned Stronghold [ARENA]

Postby EssigGurkenFred » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:39 pm

Hey guys!
This is the first map I want to release for public. It is called Abandoned Stronghold and it is made for arena game mode.

I created a preview Poster to show you how this map should look like and now I want to know what you are thinking about that idea/try.

The spawns should be at these broken tower thingys on the left and right side on the height of the pinnacles.

I hope you like.

Critism is always welcome!
EssigGurkenFred

Re: [StartedWorkOn] Abadoned Stronghold [ARENA]

Postby fLaMeShOt » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:11 pm

It looks very nice, however if I understand correctly spawn killing will be super easy on this map. Maybe make the spawn in a less open area...
Ware do i aply for modrorator ? - rambo Not to be mean but I despise this clan. (talking about the Komrades) -RonPaul [22:08] <eX> FLaMeShOt is shitting on my brains I've all but given up on the AoS I loved. - ReubenMcHawk
fLaMeShOt
Komrade Member

Postby EssigGurkenFred » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:15 pm

Hey...
Thanks.
I don´t think spawnkilling would be that easy... The spawns wont be on top of these towers, they were in these towers on the height of the pinnacles.
EssigGurkenFred

Postby Ki11aWi11 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:19 pm

This looks good, add some empty fountains and stuff in the bottom of the stronghold.
Ki11aWi11

Postby EssigGurkenFred » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:28 pm

Thanks.
Yes, I will add some more objects on the bottom for sure.

EDIT: Do you have some other ideas for these "barricades" if you want to call them like this?
EssigGurkenFred

Postby Moghard » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:01 pm

Can't wait for it! I know that it's hard to make a map, and i can't believe my eyes, what other make. I started about 4 maps, and all of them was cancelled... :( It's too hard for me. Good luck, but maybe you should upload some pics of what you finished?
Moghard

Location: In a dimension, where i live with other mighty Dwarves and eat lots of kaymak.

Postby EssigGurkenFred » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:07 pm

Moghard wrote:Can't wait for it! I know that it's hard to make a map, and i can't believe my eyes, what other make. I started about 4 maps, and all of them was cancelled... :( It's too hard for me. Good luck, but maybe you should upload some pics of what you finished?

Thanks.
First I had the same problem like you have it... I already did a few maps, but all of them were really bad or never finished. So I decided to start a smaller project and finish this one.
I´ve uploaded this preview picture/poster so you can give me some ides or critism. You can get more pictures if I´ve completely finished the map. :)
EssigGurkenFred

Return to Mapping