Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Idea: Canyon City

All things voxel.

Idea: Canyon City

Postby SoapToDaChoppa » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:51 am

Okay, will somebody PLEASE make this!!! XP I know it's a really big deal to ask of, but I can promise you guys that a map like this would be unique and people would LOVE it immediately for it's verticality (if that's a word).

Basically, you've got two cliffs with a river running in between them (can be serpentine, I don't really care). On the inside sides of those cliffs, you have buildings and platforms built all into the sides of those cliffs. So basically, they'll be like cities built into cliffs. Lots of stairs will be needed for this map since it's a vertical map, so you'll want to leave plenty of space and width for ramps and stuff for people to traverse up and down the seperate sides of the city. In certain places it may be good to add bridges connecting the two cliffsides together. Then DEFINITELY keep the bottom opened up with some "shores" alongside that river running between them to make it seem more desolate at the bottom, maybe adding blocks of junk here and there as if those things had fallen from the suspended city and were never picked up or anything. Besides that, add whatever you think is cool if you're interested. I swear, if somebody makes this map- be it one person after a long period of hard, dedicated work or a whole team- I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER AND EVER!!!

Please consider it guys!
Image Image
SoapToDaChoppa

Return to Mapping