Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Negative (or infinite) Ammo Glitch?

For all bug reports and game-related issues

Negative (or infinite) Ammo Glitch?

Postby zephir » Wed May 02, 2012 6:57 am

I'm reporting this bug solely becasue I have a feeling if I don't it'll come back and bite me in the ass.

Negative ammo Glitch:

I experienced it three times today in the past 5 hours (I went AFK for a bit), on Wildwood AoS. Map is Bridge Wars (severely griefed)
I actually joined the server yesterday, dug a huge hole on the green side of the map, switched windows and did something else and forgot the quit the game. Today after work I came to my computer and realized I left the client application running and I've been AFK for 18 hours!

Anyway, I switched sides and started on a L-shaped hole on the blue side. At one point I started shooting the blocks rather than use the spade and it happened- instead of the gun clicking empty after 30 rounds, the ammo counter went negative and I had infinite ammo! I couldn't reload, and resupplying at the CP did not affect the negative ammo. Bullets wouldn't break blocks but I found out it'll kill enemy players.

Wildwood AoS server is pretty messed up in my experience, while there's not much lag I constantly double jumped, every time I threw a grenade there's 2 that comes out, and I can fall pretty far (2x the distance) without getting hurt. And when there is lag, often times I'd fall right thru the map to the bottom, unbreakable layer. I dunno if this is a server problem or an actual problem with the game. Also often times I'd teleport someplace and fall to my death or get hurt/killed doing nothing.

While having infinite ammo is cool, I'm sure if I experienced this glitch on other servers and used it to my advantage eventually someone would call me a hacker... and it'll end badly for me.

I retain infinite ammo/negative ammo count even after switching to spade or lying a few blocks.
I only loose it if I die.

a couple screens:

the huge hole I dug on the green side

First time it happened negative 90 bullets
negative 251 bullets

The second time it happened I didn't take any screenshots

The third time it happened I decided to let the number grow-

Then I decided to take a shower and come back- see where it goes...
Yes, that's 3 MILLION rounds!

And the final one- I wanted to watch my anime and trying to get the two to work but it didn't -
http://i.imgur.com/7h8N7.png
messed up my computer's Vista Aero settings and got the screen contrast screwed up.
then someone finally found where I was and killed me, I think final count was something like -3,146,000.
zephir

Re: Negative (or infinite) Ammo Glitch?

Postby CobaltAK » Fri May 11, 2012 1:41 am

So, infinite ammo? Could you kill other people with it? If that's the case, that's pretty, uhh, stupid.

What.
ChaosTLW wrote:TastyMelon

duck the Character Limit

<+fLaMeQaeda> I am legally obliged to tell you I am an ex-convict and I am not allowed within 3 miles of any Elementary school in the state of Ohio
CobaltAK
Komrade Member

Postby zephir » Wed May 23, 2012 7:23 am

stupid? well more like an exploit that could be, well, exploited!
imagine if I got near or behind enemy spawn. I let them spawn, move around, them just mow them down. or on maps like pinpoint, I just spray bullets across the map. kill the other team. while you can't see beyond the fog, the bullets still go across the map. heck I can do that in every map. no skill kills. just spray n pray, with any luck you kill everyone.

the only issue is what exactly causes it, that I haven't been able to pin down.
but now that people know it can happen, well someone's bound to figure it out.
zephir

Postby Paratrooper » Wed May 23, 2012 7:26 am

Did you try killing yourself? Did you check what would happen if you did?
To a Physicist, white and black is the presence and absence of color.
To a Fine Artist, white and black are just shades and tints of color.
To a Painter, any paint that you could get into a can is a color.
THIS color, on the other hand, is #b4d455.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Postby LinktersHD » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:13 pm

Bridge wars is only bad because the map is never reset.
Also why didn't ou just kill yourself
Nuketown map is out!:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=11021]

LinktersHD

Return to Game help