Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Falling to death while climbing up blocks

For all bug reports and game-related issues

Falling to death while climbing up blocks

Postby IAmYourFriend » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:37 pm

I repeatedly had this issue on the 'aloha.pk tower of babel' server, that i fall to death just by climbing up blocks (on the tower built by players). No matter how many times i try to reach that specific area, it always happens again at exactly the same place. This occurs usually during the game, not already from the beginning. The area was usually being heavily altered before (blocks added and destroyed).

My first guess was maybe some connection problems (my ping is usually around 200ms), but other players also mentioned it in the chat. I haven't checked another server, where the gameplay has lots of blocks added and destroyed, for this though.
Maybe related to this, in the same situation i also noticed that sometimes it is not possible to build by left-click, instead only drag & drop works.
IAmYourFriend

Re: Falling to death while climbing up blocks

Postby Leangreen99 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:05 am

That's really weird, I've had experiences with server lag when I walked a little and then I snap back to where I was a couple seconds ago. It might be something with the server or your connection. Sorry I might not be of much help :P
Me 10yrs old on Club Penguin
Penguin: "wheres rockhopper?"
Me: "Hes gone right now, but hell be back soon" <-- Won't let me use apostrophes
Penguin: "BAN HIM! BAN HIM! BAN HIM! HE SED A BAD WORD"

IGN: vairfoley
Leangreen99

Postby IronShotGun » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:42 am

Yea, it is most likely lag, extreme lag if your lagging through blocks, try playing on a server with less ping, and if it happens there, I don't know.

:/
Latest Game Play : http://i.imgur.com/mUzcK.png
uvs wrote:360n0sc0pewEedSmokEHeAdShotToThEBalLs everyone.
IronShotGun

Postby IAmYourFriend » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:28 pm

I had a similar problem again on the same server, with not being able to remove blocks (outside the tower area). But after quitting AOS and logging back on, it worked again.
I guess i settle then with lag/connection problems.
IAmYourFriend

Postby zephir » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:29 pm

actually I've had this problem once before, with aloha i have very low ping ~ 35 average, there was this onetime there's this enemy tower that couldn't be sapped, walked on. it was as if they're made of indestructible blocks or something.
might be a glitch. people could shoot them and kill me, but I can't shoot back. my grenades would fall thru them though. if I touched them I'd fall to death.
I switched teams, i could build on those blocks but if i walked on any blocks i built attached to these indestructible enemy-can-shoot-thru-but-i-can't blocks I'd fall to death. my bullets still wouldn't go thru them but my grenades would. the blocks apparently has substance because I could destroy the rest of hte tower but everyone else can build on and walk on blocks attached to the indestructible blocks.
I reconnected to see if they were still there. yep. and everyone else could shoot me thru those blocks, as if they were invisible.

I took probably a dozen screenshots illustrating this glitch but i don't have them with me right now.

since then I've noticed this happening on other maps/servers. there'd be blocks that are indestructible, cannot be sapped (they'd just hang there even if you dug out the bottom) and instant death if you just touched them. enemy can apparently see me thru the blocks and shoot me no problem, but i can't shoot back (or see thru the blocks) and my grenades go thru them as if there's nothing there.
zephir

Postby izzy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:02 pm

it's a pyspades bug. happens whenever the client's map gets out of sync with the server's map. reconnect to the server to refresh your client's map.
izzy
Site Admin

Return to Game help