Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Server connection failed

For all bug reports and game-related issues

Server connection failed

Postby Stranger » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:31 am

I've been playing Ace of Spades for a while now, and I've had a break, only to come back to this same message when I try to join a server. I slated my old AoS files, and re-installed it back to vanilla, yet no change. I live in England, in case it has something to do with were I live.
If you need more details I'd be more than happy to provide you with them (not my address pedos).
Image Image
http://mrdoob.com/projects/chromeexperiments/google_gravity/ Try this out and you get magic powers!

God damn school work!
Stranger
Bastion Member

Re: Server connection failed

Postby MarioCarter » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:28 am

Sometimes it just happens. Try to join regional servers, that might help. If not, try going to the leaderboard.
I will never be afraid again
I will keep on fighting 'til the end
I can walk on water, I can fly
I will keep on fighting 'til I die
MarioCarter

Postby Doctor » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:03 am

HELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSIONHELPNOTAOSDISCUSSION
Doctor
Retired Staff Member

Postby Stranger » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:06 am

Blah, it's here now Doc, unless you can move?

EDIT: nvm
Image Image
http://mrdoob.com/projects/chromeexperiments/google_gravity/ Try this out and you get magic powers!

God damn school work!
Stranger
Bastion Member

Postby Stranger » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:05 am

I've tried connecting to every server, yet I am still unable to connect. It's kind of annoying as I am unable to test any of my personal mods. And as an incentive, who ever can solve my problem will have a poem writen by me decribing how your awesomeness is over-flowing from your body.
Image Image

God damn school work!
Stranger
Bastion Member

Postby Semper » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:14 am

Stranger wrote:I've tried connecting to every server, yet I am still unable to connect. It's kind of annoying as I am unable to test any of my personal mods. And as an incentive, who ever can solve my problem will have a poem writen by me decribing how your awesomeness is over-flowing from your body.

Is the server's you are trying to join full? Are you on the global black list? If not try backing up all your file's and re-install the game.
Joined Delta: Monday August 13th, 2012.
>Thread stalkers
Semper
[DELTA] Member

Postby Stranger » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:57 am

I tried every server (empty, full and partly filled), I'm not on the black list, and I have already re-installed. Might it be something to do with firewalls and the such? I have also opened some ports on my hub to support some dedicated servers and stuff.
Image Image

God damn school work!
Stranger
Bastion Member

Postby MarioCarter » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:59 am

Stranger wrote:I tried every server (empty, full and partly filled), I'm not on the black list, and I have already re-installed. Might it be something to do with firewalls and the such? I have also opened some ports on my hub to support some dedicated servers and stuff.

Try to join via address. If you're using Chrome, right click the button that joins the game, and click on "Copy link address". Then paste into your URL bar and press enter.
I will never be afraid again
I will keep on fighting 'til the end
I can walk on water, I can fly
I will keep on fighting 'til I die
MarioCarter

Postby Stranger » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:11 am

I have fixed the problem now. It was something to do with were the client files were and where they should be launched from. Thanks for the help guys.

Stranger
Image Image

God damn school work!
Stranger
Bastion Member

Return to Game help