Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Problem installing

For all bug reports and game-related issues

Problem installing

Postby ThatOneGuy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:27 pm

I just found out about this game and I've wanted to play it for the past couple days, but every time I try installing the game, it has a problem with Windows Installer Service. Naturally, I thought this was a problem with Windows Installer Service, so I tried almost every "solution" I could find but none of them had any effect. I then tried to use the Windows Installer to uninstall different programs from the Add/Remove Programs and it worked, so it seemed like the problem was actually the file. I tried installing the game through command prompt and it said the package could not be opened. What I want to know now is if there is a fix for this, a different way of downloading and installing the game, or if I can download and install the game on my netbook and transfer the files to my pc via flash drive. (Also, if the last option is possible, how much space would I need on said flash drive?)

Thanks in advance,
ThatOneGuy
ThatOneGuy

Re: Problem installing

Postby ThatOneGuy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:45 pm

Quick Update: I've tried to extract the msi file of its contents and put it into an appropriate folder (C:\Ace of Spades, based on browsing the forums and seeing what folder it should install to). I then extracted the "disk" archive (which came from the msi file) into the same folder. That resulted in me having access to "client.exe", "server.exe", and "voxed.exe" (along with a bunch of other files which weren't exes). When I clicked on "client", it said client.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. (I added client.exe to both Avast!'s and Comodo's trusted files to ensure that it wasn't running in Sandbox, but the error kept showing.) However, voxed seems to work fine (though I have no idea how to use it or what it is for that matter, but I'm not really concerned about it). I don't know if this is one step closer to playing the game, and I'm still very confused on how to solve my problem.
ThatOneGuy

Re: Problem installing

Postby ThatOneGuy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:45 pm

[Sorry, my mouse double posted by accident.]
ThatOneGuy

Return to Game help