Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Screen resolution and other graphical changes

For all bug reports and game-related issues

Screen resolution and other graphical changes

Postby Najushua » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:48 am

Hello,

I have recently downloaded this game after being shown by my friends. Once I entered a server I noticed that my right half of my screen flashed and that my computer was requesting a screen resolution change. I presume that the flashing of the screen is from compatability issues but I am unable to find the file that the game is ran on to change them. I tryed multiple servers but the problem persists, if anyone has an idea of how to fix this or knows were I can find the file to test different compatabilities it would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Najushua
Najushua

Re: Screen resolution and other graphical changes

Postby topologist » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:42 am

The file is (assuming you're on windows and installed to the default directory) at C:\Ace of Spades\client.exe. You can try fiddling with the settings in C:\Ace of Spades\config.ini and see if that helps, too (you'll probably want to set windowed to 1).
REDACTED
topologist
[SPQR] Member

Postby FireStarRacing » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:23 pm

Im having a similar problem. Ive downloaded the game and everything is ok there but every time i try to enter a match, my screen starts flashing. The game is visible and runs smooth but if i was epileptic, i would be well and trully buggered. Plus when I try to change the graphics, the game wouldn't load and if I put it in window mode then the graphics become fuzzy and unreadable. HELP!
FireStarRacing

Postby PXYC » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:01 pm

What's the native resolution of your monitor and what resolution are you attempting to run the game with? (Check your config.ini file)

<+laserlamp> lil b is my fav
PXYC
Local Mod

Postby FireStarRacing » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:27 pm

My monitor is a 1920 x 1080-pixel resolution and im using the standard xres - 800 yres 600 that was standard when I downloaded the game.
FireStarRacing

Return to Game help