Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

client.exe has stopped working?

For all bug reports and game-related issues

client.exe has stopped working?

Postby SgtFartz » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:20 am

Every time I join a server, within ten minutes, the game shuts down and comes up with a notification that says "client.exe has stopped working". Does anyone know whats wrong? How to fix it?
SgtFartz

Re: client.exe has stopped working?

Postby PyroPlunger » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:54 am

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Ace of Spades. If that doesn't fix the issue, it might just be a server problem and not you.
IGN: [USAB]Rustic
PyroPlunger
[USAB] Member

Postby Varun » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:32 pm

Check to make sure that you have all your png images named right and stuff. It took me a while to realise that this only happened to me when I scoped with the semi. I checked, and sure enough, I was missing a semi scope.

Like Plunger said, uninstalling and reinstalling should work, although if you don't want that trouble, check that everything is where it should be.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby Ubertetain » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:07 am

I believe I have the awnser to your delema SgtFartz, I had this exact problem a while back and I found that the problem was that I did not have enough memory to play the game (thus "client.exe has stoped working"). This situation happens all the time with other games and usualy these games will notify you about your memory but, as for AOS, they do not have this notification program/system in place yet. Although this may be puzzling for you (maby not) you just need to get more memory for your game to run off of. But also take note that the type of memory your looking for is not acheveable by buying new disk space for your pc, but by alowing more of the disk space you already have to be used for your games rather than for conventional use.
Ubertetain

Location: Nowhere, but nowhere is somewhere, and that somewhere is none of your bussiness

Return to Game help