Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

How to be a good sniper

For all things AoS!

Re: How to be a good sniper

Postby LASTofS » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:15 pm

Moghard wrote:How to be a good sniper:

1. Right click, and duck
2. Aim the head
3. Left click
4. After you'll kill everyone, press Right click again.
5. When you see an enemy, go to 1.

Don't forget to reload!
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby Tai » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:58 am

Didn't see very much application here...

You never want your bunker to look anything like a square or rectangle, because people inherently pick out patterns in the environment. The walls described (with one and two block high holes) are really bad, again. You never need more than the field of vision 1 hole provides you with; you're left with too many blind spots with a field of vision that big. Generally speaking, you want to have your windows at a head level, so you can always duck down if shot at (it's faster than moving) and you can run away if possible. Keeping them at a crouching level is only for people manning SMGs.

When you're shooting, most people tend to look at the head. This was fine in .70, but it doesn't cut it with the accuracy in .76; look at the red dot. It seems very trivial, but it will help you get many more shots.

Lastly, you ideally position yourself in a remote location (preferably behind the enemy's spawn (IE an area where they wouldn't expect you). You want to be firing at them from behind, so even if you miss you have a chance of them not seeing you (or at least having enough time to hide if they turn around). The name of the game is concealment. If they don't see you, they can't kill you, and if they can't kill you, you have more opportunities to kill them. Patience plays into this as well; if you see a group of 3, it's often best to just let them pass rather than risk one of them seeing you. Pick people off one by one, and when you do, make sure you hide, lest they see you while spectating on death.
Tai's War Academy

IrishElf wrote:How is camping a problem...? AoS is essentially Counter Sniper: The Game.
Tai

Postby MrHank » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:01 am

Tai wrote:
Lastly, you ideally position yourself in a remote location (preferably behind the enemy's spawn (IE an area where they wouldn't expect you). You want to be firing at them from behind, so even if you miss you have a chance of them not seeing you (or at least having enough time to hide if they turn around).

with out spawn camping though, if you can help yourself
MrHank

Postby Tai » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:16 am

MrHank wrote:
Tai wrote:
Lastly, you ideally position yourself in a remote location (preferably behind the enemy's spawn (IE an area where they wouldn't expect you). You want to be firing at them from behind, so even if you miss you have a chance of them not seeing you (or at least having enough time to hide if they turn around).

with out spawn camping though, if you can help yourself

With the spawn logic the way it is now (coupled with way wider spawn areas on most servers), anyone who gets spawn killed enough to be annoyed deserves to be teabagged by their own team until such a time that their soul is snuffed by a barrage of virtual genitalia.
Tai's War Academy

IrishElf wrote:How is camping a problem...? AoS is essentially Counter Sniper: The Game.
Tai

Postby Commodore » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:13 pm

So the whole topic is only about one thing: the sniper kills silently and without being seen
Last edited by Commodore on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IGN: Commodore T.M.N
Commodore

Postby bombadil » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:27 am

I personally really enjoy sniping, although a good SMG charge is sometimes what I need. If I can give my humble contribution to the discussion, I myself being what I guess you'd call a "vanilla" player, (no modding or similar stuff) I found out that one of the most important thing to consider when sniping, is recoil. What I mean is: when I am aiming at the head of an enemy, I usually aim for the chin or the neck, knowing that the bullet will almost surely break the guy's face. This helps me a lot when I'm trying to snipe people that are nearly completely hidden behind a block, but I can see the top of their head. Just aim for the top of the block the head is behind, and HS is pretty damn guaranteed!

Let me know if this helped you a bit, or it is complete BS.

bombadil
bombadil

Postby XemnasHart » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:58 pm

And don't forget shooting with delay.....
"Watch out with your HEAD !!!"
*BANG !!!*
XemnasHart

Postby Benton » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:45 am

If you use the default iron-sight, as soon as you shoot look down to try to minimize recoil, you want to see where your shot went.
Benton

Postby rafcommando1 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:23 pm

LongShot wrote:
Airsoftr wrote:Being a good sniper involves modding, too. You'll most likely need an accurate scope, and will probably want a sniper rifle-looking rifle too. I actually modded the torso to have a white circle with a red dot in the middle to represent a target. It's surprisingly more easy for me to make torso shots now.
That's not completely true. I am one of those "pure vanilla" gamers. Modding isn't my thing. I understand what you mean, but is a " sniper rifle-looking rifle" really necessary? Thanks to everyone who looked here too.

An nice looking gun makes your moral go up therefor you do better!!!
Profile avatars are overrated.
rafcommando1

Postby XFrostByteX » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:59 am

rafcommando1 wrote:
LongShot wrote:
Airsoftr wrote:Being a good sniper involves modding, too. You'll most likely need an accurate scope, and will probably want a sniper rifle-looking rifle too. I actually modded the torso to have a white circle with a red dot in the middle to represent a target. It's surprisingly more easy for me to make torso shots now.
That's not completely true. I am one of those "pure vanilla" gamers. Modding isn't my thing. I understand what you mean, but is a " sniper rifle-looking rifle" really necessary? Thanks to everyone who looked here too.

An nice looking gun makes your moral go up therefor you do better!!!

That has nothing to do with sniping, at all...

Vanilla snipers are all around us
XFrostByteX

Postby RambroGaming » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:15 am

nice
i tryed it and its good
True story
(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
*RAGE QUIT* <------ click here
RambroGaming

Postby Becool362 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:51 am

The more you actually do this the better you get. Like when i first played i couldn't even shoot something that could be standing in front of me. But if you familiarise your self with your mouse speed and the speed you can fire it can alter your whole game. So don't worry if you don't get it at first just keep doing it. But you may not notice but you game might be improving everytime!

---Houndoom---

Rainbow Dash is the Best Pony, No wait I am.
Becool362

Postby TheLoneWolf » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:22 pm

You just need constant practice and you gradually become better at aiming and at being a good sniper.
TheLoneWolf

Postby osaifh » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:25 pm

How to be a good sniper
Step one: change your name, because a sniper doesn't have a normal name. Your name should include the following words:
-sniper
-assassin
-MLG
-pro
-ninja
-killer
-elite
-longshot
-headshot
-death
Also, add some XxX at the beggining and the end for extra effect
Step two: snipe
Step three: ????
Step four: profit!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
osaifh

Postby dhv6 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:10 pm

How to be a good sniper

1. Headglitch
2. Spawn kill
3. Camp
I'm not even making fun of doing those ethier, thats REALLY what people do to get good scores.
Image Bastard
dhv6

PreviousNext

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion