Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Let the community help police itself

For all things AoS!

Let the community help police itself

Postby Defaulter » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:25 pm

Help me out here?

- In the old old forums, before we had that shiny report button, you used to have to go into the irc, and report it to an admin there, most of the time i did that i recieved comments such as "minimod much" etc

why? do you seriously think the 8-10 or so admins we have, is enough to keep an eye on the irc and all the forums/sub-forum 24/7? no. Then why do people seem so against the idea of the community helping to regulate itself?

Another thing, was posting in a thread saying "wrong section, this belongs in: [insert sub forum here]" to which i was also called "minimod" etc, why? when i was just trying to be helpful?

Furthermore, you might remember the "do NOT suggest list" and "making a clan? read this first!" < both of which caused members to once more have a go at me about "mini modding". < im really mythed about that, those were genuinly helpful threads.

For which i can only really think of 3 different reasons

1) they actualy have no problem with community self regulation, but were using it as a good excuse to have a go at me.

2) They geniunly dont agree with the idea of the community being able to report other members etc

3) they didnt have a clue what was going on, but just jumped on the banter bandwagon.

-------------------

Ill probs think of more to add to this disscusion. But please in the meantime, post and state your opinion :]

- DE
Last edited by Defaulter on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Defaulter
Bastion Warden

Re: Let the community help police itself

Postby Defaulter » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:29 pm

whopps double post, sorry.
Defaulter
Bastion Warden

Re: Let the community help police itself

Postby ReubenMcHawk » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:24 am

"3) they didnt have a clue what was going on, but just jumped on the banter bandwagon."

I know that feel, lol.

But there is a difference between helping and minimodding. Mainly the difference is conducting things in private when they should be. Like reporting a topic to the admins, you could query them rather than just broadcasting the link in the channel, especially if said person is in the channel.

Just my $0.02.

EDIT: And yes, those threads you made were quite helpful, people were just irked with the posting it in every suggestion and clan thread.
Hi I'm Reuben, I make YouTube videos sometime.
I also make music.
I lead {RoT} the best clan ever. PM me for IRC info to come chill with kool kidz.
fite me noob
ReubenMcHawk

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion