Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Ammunition Crates & Health Crates

For all things AoS!

Re: Ammunition Crates & Health Crates

Postby christopher2643 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:58 am

ok, heres an idea. There's a game mode where the 2 armies run around the map capturing tents ( i forget what its called). Upon capture, several of these fall out of the air in the block the tent is (ala airstrike). Their contents are random and would contain, ammo/health or mg/rpg.

Thats actually a game-mode from ModernWarfare 3. And it's called dropzone. Pretty cool idea though.
christopher2643

Postby Bobthemathcow » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:03 am

i like the nato symbol, and i think it would work great. people that don't know its an ammo symbol will learn soon. my only concern is that it will be hard to spot on some maps, it being green and grey, like fog and grass.
Bobthemathcow

Postby Roach133 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:10 am

I think crates are a bit too limited in supplying ammo&health.
so i think it should be a little bit like this:

[Ammo] you can give ammo to a nearby ally by pressing a specific button and you will give 1 mag of ammo (8 shells for shotgun)

[Health] (optional) 1. You can heal an ally by pressing a specific button and you will lose part of your health
2. The players are given 1 medkit to use and will they will recieve another when they respawn

(Additional: I wish there's a feature where you can trade guns with a nearby ally)

I hope someone agrees with this...
Roach133

Postby LASTofS » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:45 am

Roach133 wrote:I think crates are a bit too limited in supplying ammo&health.

[Ammo] you can give ammo to a nearby ally by pressing a specific button and you will give 1 mag of ammo (8 shells for shotgun)

[Health] (optional) 1. You can heal an ally by pressing a specific button and you will lose part of your health
2. The players are given 1 medkit to use and will they will recieve another when they respawn

(Additional: I wish there's a feature where you can trade guns with a nearby ally)

Interesting idea, but I don't think anybody would actually be willing to give up their ammo or health on a regular basis.
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby epicsniperish » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:30 pm

i think maybe it should randomly spawn in the map for players to find
epicsniperish

Postby MrevilR » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:31 am

My suggestion is players gonna dig for them
MrevilR

Postby PubMaster » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:47 am

In my opinion you should be able to get a choice when you pick weapons that you could pick grenades,a place able health kit, and a place able ammo kit.
PubMaster

Postby karateandy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:11 pm

Maybe something like

(TEXT EXAMPLE): AMMO (the actual word)
Boom...headshot

Good hunting Stalker
karateandy

Postby makhzangy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:25 am

i think if someone get a kill streak he can get one
for example if someone get a 7 kill streak he types /heal so a chopper drops a box where the player stands with medic sign and he comes near the box and take it just like the intel
makhzangy

Postby LASTofS » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:00 am

MrevilR wrote:My suggestion is players gonna dig for them

How common/rare will they be? A map contains thousands of blocks and I'm sure people won't dig for them like they were ores or something..
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby Varun » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:44 am

Last has a point. I wouldn't take the time to dig for something that might/might not be there. I manage fine on my own, without this stuff, so if you had to dig for it, I just wouldn't try. If it was as common as once in five blocks, maybe, but that would be pretty stupid.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby Mevthlack » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:15 am

My suggestion.

Rather than classes , and expanding on the replacing grenade idea.

How about being able to choose a primary and secondary item?

Like , being able to choose smg and ammo , or shotgun and grenade , or hmg and health crate.

This will give sort of a free form class system , where everything can be swapped out
Mevthlack

Postby Roach133 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:22 pm

LASTofS wrote:
Roach133 wrote:I think crates are a bit too limited in supplying ammo&health.

Interesting idea, but I don't think anybody would actually be willing to give up their ammo or health on a regular basis.

well, maybe dead player bodies will drop a bag which contain their remaining ammo,brick, and grenade.
but if the dead player's and the killer's ammo doesnt match, ex: (dead) smg -> (killer) shotgun, they won't get ammo.
if the ammo picked up is more than the max amount of ammo that you can hold, the bag will still be laying on the ground but with (of course) the remainings that you didn't pick up. (can be used with a drop rate..)
Roach133

Postby SpadesOfAce » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Maybe Aeroplanes can drop Creates as a certain streak and have a limited supply
SpadesOfAce

Location: Playing Ace of Spades and building but people just grief :l

Postby Commodore » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:36 am

First I want to tell that I had no access to internet for a month or so, thats why I couldnt write anything in this time. Also I had only a few seconds to write both things so I hadnt much time to explain them. First I didnt like the idea because everybody who can kill would have almost infinite ammo. That would mean endless destruction for the SMG users. Then I had no time to write that I have asked some AoS players what they thought about that. I didnt write my own opinion!

If the ammo could be picked up from the bodies, the players could just run through the map and pick up lots of ammo. If somebody wants to pick up ammo, he should first search it and it should take some time.

And if players could pick up crates and drop them, it would be possible to make small bases where somebody would have to work at. So there would be a possiblity for the minecrafters to help other players by building and working in small bases!
IGN: Commodore T.M.N
Commodore

PreviousNext

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion