Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Ammunition Crates & Health Crates

For all things AoS!

Re: Ammunition Crates & Health Crates

Postby huntskys » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:52 pm

I believe one of the classes should be able to drop the crates like a medic, and one could have ammo with them
huntskys

Postby Commodore » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:12 pm

Taking things from dead bodies is macabre.

But the ammo can lie somewhere around, so it can be picked up.
IGN: Commodore T.M.N
Commodore

Postby LASTofS » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:49 pm

Commodore wrote:Taking things from dead bodies is macabre.

Yeah, I agree. Majority of the gaming population are young kids too, so we shouldn't add that in the game. Maybe fallen weapons or ammo crates appearing when their corpse disappears instead.
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby TheGeekZeke101 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:06 pm

huntskys wrote:I believe one of the classes should be able to drop the crates like a medic, and one could have ammo with them

This got me really thinking!

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a "Rescuer" class that went along dropping ammo, health, and block crates? Of course there would be limits to dropping them, but it would really help out. Maybe opposing teams would be able to find it and pick it up for a smaller amount of whatever it is was in the crate?

I think this would make clan matches and everyday matches tuns of fun. I can picture myself switching around with this class playing with friends, trying to help each other out.

Think about the teamwork people!

Retired Member Missing In Action As Of 7/26/12
TheGeekZeke101

Postby LASTofS » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:49 pm

TheGeekZeke101 wrote:This got me really thinking!

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a "Rescuer" class that went along dropping ammo, health, and block crates? Of course there would be limits to dropping them, but it would really help out. Maybe opposing teams would be able to find it and pick it up for a smaller amount of whatever it is was in the crate?

I think this would make clan matches and everyday matches tuns of fun. I can picture myself switching around with this class playing with friends, trying to help each other out.

Yeah, what if the normal deuce sprint speed was the normal velocity for the "rescuer" class? And the rescuer's sprint would be even quicker? To balance things out the class would need to have low health.

Then again we can re-visit the idea of choppers. I didn't see any sort of weapon mounted on it, so maybe in the future that could be used to drop crates & supplies?
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby TheGeekZeke101 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:57 pm

LASTofS wrote:
TheGeekZeke101 wrote:This got me really thinking!

Yeah, what if the normal deuce sprint speed was the normal velocity for the "rescuer" class? And the rescuer's sprint would be even quicker? To balance things out the class would need to have low health.

Then again we can re-visit the idea of choppers. I didn't see any sort of weapon mounted on it, so maybe in the future that could be used to drop crates & supplies?

Yes, this was something that also come to mind. It would really cause people to walk in packs and stick together.

Woah, yes! Maybe we could have icons like the ones shown here that tell you were to go and or who needs what. Maybe hovering over your teammates would show stuff (e.g. Health, Gun, Ammo) so you could find people to help out.

As for weapon drops and pickups, I think this would be great. If your low on health, out of ammo, and are worried to risk running across an enemies path, you could then pick up another weapon. Maybe it could hover for twenty seconds and or stay with the player's dead carcass until respawn.

Retired Member Missing In Action As Of 7/26/12
TheGeekZeke101

Postby Pengupan » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:09 am

Maybe there should be a new "Signal Remote" or "Walkie-Talkie" item that could be used to call down an ammo crate to your location within around 10 seconds. It would only be able to be used twice but it would be able to be refilled by getting a set amount of kills.
Image Help my little dragon hatch, be caring, give him a click.
Pengupan

Postby skipro1 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:39 pm

I believe that there should be underground chambers that are randomly generated, and there is either a health or ammo crate in it.
That will force there to be more strategies to get to the enemy, because people would want to find ammo or health, and go underground. I also support the "Filling up ammo crate" idea. I like that NATO symbol.

The moment when you find yourself lost... someone pops up, and all the screen says is
RELOAD

What did I just watch? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8jPUXxpZKc&feature=related Hmmmmmm.....
skipro1

Location: In that tree outside your window, closing in for a headshot.

Postby MrHank » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:29 am

ok, heres an idea. There's a game mode where the 2 armies run around the map capturing tents ( i forget what its called). Upon capture, several of these fall out of the air in the block the tent is (ala airstrike). Their contents are random and would contain, ammo/health or mg/rpg.
MrHank

Postby MinecraftAnimator » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:04 pm

may i suggest that players will have one ammo and health crate at their disposal so you can place it! BUT! it will dissapear in some minutes...like 5? just a suggestion!
MinecraftAnimator

Postby xXWarriorXx » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Well here is an idea, It might be put through the map editor, And there must be a deployable Medipack and Ammo Pack (This is necessary in emergencies), Also can you make the control points much better (Not like a tent) like a Headquarter Building or some shit like that.
Team Fortress 2 + Minecraft + Counter-Strike= Ace of Spades
xXWarriorXx

Postby xXWarriorXx » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:12 pm

Also if Ace of Spades is inspired by TF2 and Minecraft, Will you make new classes in the future

0.76 Stuff List
RPG = Confirmed
Machine Gun = Confirmed
Semi Auto Rifle = In Game
SMG = In Game
Flamethrower = Unconfirmed
Assault Rifle = Unconfirmed
Vehicles = Unconfirmed (Well i heard about the choppa but it is not a vehicle its an aircraft)
Aircrafts = Confirmed
Sentry Guns = (Can this be both on auto mode and manual like you are using the Wrangler from TF2)
Sniper Rifle = Unconfirmed
Pistols = Unconfirmed
Revolvers = Unconfirmed
Ammo Pack = Confirmed
Medipack = Confirmed
Team Fortress 2 + Minecraft + Counter-Strike= Ace of Spades
xXWarriorXx

Postby Kyshu » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:09 pm

I think, the idea with ammo being picked up off dead soldiers is nice. Just like in most singleplayer games, where you can pick up ammo for your gun from dead enemies, you could just run up to someone and you would get his ammo, you know? Asa result, you should also lower the max ammo amount, in my opinion.
There could also be a class, that has like 3 small ammo crates, enough to give 2 guys full primary ammo again.
Abother class should have an explosions pack, which allows players to refill grenades. This should be the medic, who also has medkits.

I would like these crates to work kind of like in BF3, just refilling slower:
2 seconds for one mag of primary ammo, and 1 second for 3-4 HP. That should balance it out, and not encourage camping in a spot on one medkit. You should be able to outshoot someone sitting on a medcrate, so that they have to duck behind cover.
An alternate system for the ammo crate woulod be, that the Support guy (or whatever class gets the ammo), has one big box, which has exactly 8 mags for each primary, and the support can fill that up again. This would be great to build forts, where people can just stock up on ammo and health again, and advance with the whole team.

Overall, this game shoudl encourage teamplay more, the squad system is not enough :)
Maybe points, and ranks with squad actions giving a lot more points? That would encourage people to do so instead of lonewolfing.
Kyshu

Postby Kyshu » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:13 pm

Oh, and for the ammo crate symbol, maybe it should be the NATO symbol on the two sides, and a bullet on the top, where there are more pixels? (The ammo crate wouldnt be cubic then, but more "flat" (don't know the word, haha) like it's more wide and long than high), because I like the NATO symbol a lot actually.
Kyshu

Postby LASTofS » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:24 pm

mat^2 has a way of resizing the ammo/health crate size. I am not sure if he does it by code or resizing the actual kv6 model. If he is able to resize how the kv6 model by code, that means higher resolution symbols.
ImageImageImage
LASTofS
News Reporter

PreviousNext

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion