Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

0.76 Discussion

For all things AoS!

Re: 0.76 Discussion

Postby Putin » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:56 am

Sniper101 wrote:
ChaosTLW wrote:
Tin wrote:Jews... wat?

I think he means a helicopter-boat in the shape of dolphin(as a heli) and a cod(as a boat) that is jew, made of crap, and you get it through a killstreak.

Flying dolphins! That's pretty awesome Putin, probably your only good suggestion.

The only good sugestion for you :)
AoS The worst game with the greatest potential .
Putin

Postby ZaPhobos » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:47 pm

ei8htx wrote:Wait, isn't a cod a fish?

Yes, that's why I call Call of Duty people on the forums CoD fish.
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Postby Putin » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:35 pm

Why Ben just don't add a MG and a Mortar why is he so irritating he promised the mortar , everyone wants it but he doesn't add it -_-
AoS The worst game with the greatest potential .
Putin

Postby DerJockel » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:28 pm

Is Ben even here? 0.76 has still not been released
DerJockel

Postby wtfBOOM » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:50 am

Doctor wrote:AoS 0.76 discussions

Thread originally made by LinkstersHD.

WE NEED ROCKET LAUNCHERS! they should do twice as much as a grenade and only have 2-4 shots and than we need power ups like bullet proof vests that are just appear as a black chest and give +50 health.
wtfBOOM

Postby wtfBOOM » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:52 am

Doctor wrote:AoS 0.76 discussions

Thread originally made by LinkstersHD.

We need vehicles too that would be a huge step like a jeep of some thing that holds 3 people

Please avoid posting back-to-back messages. Instead, use the 'edit' feature to add to your last post.
-Talent
wtfBOOM

Postby brisarge » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:08 am

A prompt needs to come up when you join asking if you would like to join a squad. This lets people know that you can be in squads.
brisarge

Postby ZaPhobos » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:02 am

wtfBOOM wrote:
Doctor wrote:Quote

WE NEED ROCKET LAUNCHERS! they should do twice as much as a grenade and only have 2-4 shots and than we need power ups like bullet proof vests that are just appear as a black chest and give +50 health.

No. Just... No.
Rocket launcher is getting added in the OpenGL version.
Power ups are just a way to be unfair, we're already getting health and ammo crates.
wtfBOOM wrote:
Doctor wrote:Quote

We need vehicles too that would be a huge step like a jeep of some thing that holds 3 people

No. Helicopters are already being tested, and jeeps could not possibly traverse the terrain we have anyway.

Welcome to the forums.
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Re: 0.80 Ideas

Postby GeneralMaximus » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:16 pm

MegaDeuce wrote:What we'll probably get:

-lag fixes
-rifle accuracy restored
-vanilla mode airstrike/ mortar

What we probably want:

-lag fixes
-actual in-game artillery pieces
-transport helicopters
-pistol or revolver
-separate player models for each team
-server-side custom player mods

:)

Those are all good ideas accept the server-side custom player mods. A lot of people are going to use that how its expected to be used..
GeneralMaximus

Postby DrPain » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:45 pm

I'm honestly pretty pleased that the shotgun and the rifle are being buffed, but at the same time
I don't think the buffs will change the gameplay enough

I think that a better buff for the rifle would just be changing it to a bolt-action, therefore making it only practical for engagement at long range, particularly if a dynamic accuracy were implemented.
Dynamic accuracy would also fix the machine gun, since you would have to fire in short burst or trigger tap to hit at range.
It would also make the shotgun suck less, since the cone of spread would actually be potentially directed in the direction of your target.

Also you know what would be rad? Mod support, that'd be rad, because if this were the case, we would not have to wait for updates and shit, we could just implement these things ourselves

I'd drop the idea of vehicles for now

And remember, complexity doesn't make games better
You need balance, fluidity, and teamwork

Right now, your game lacks teamwork, lacks the need for technical skill, as your guns are very easy to aim, and kill quickly, and going out on your own is an extremely viable option.

Please don't add the airstrike or the mortars, that would be harmful to the gameplay, it already is.
DrPain

Postby ZaPhobos » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:33 pm

DrPain wrote:I'm honestly pretty pleased that the shotgun and the rifle are being buffed, but at the same time
I don't think the buffs will change the gameplay enough

I think that a better buff for the rifle would just be changing it to a bolt-action, therefore making it only practical for engagement at long range, particularly if a dynamic accuracy were implemented.
Dynamic accuracy would also fix the machine gun, since you would have to fire in short burst or trigger tap to hit at range.
It would also make the shotgun suck less, since the cone of spread would actually be potentially directed in the direction of your target.

Also you know what would be rad? Mod support, that'd be rad, because if this were the case, we would not have to wait for updates and shit, we could just implement these things ourselves

I'd drop the idea of vehicles for now

And remember, complexity doesn't make games better
You need balance, fluidity, and teamwork

Right now, your game lacks teamwork, lacks the need for technical skill, as your guns are very easy to aim, and kill quickly, and going out on your own is an extremely viable option.

Please don't add the airstrike or the mortars, that would be harmful to the gameplay, it already is.

I've spotted the first sensible newer member. I expect great things from you.
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Postby Tex » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:21 pm

Mod support does sound pretty good, but how can we implement these mods so no one has an unfair advantage to another?
Tex

Postby scrdest » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:54 pm

Le sigh. Does anybody here remember the days when AoS used to be a quasi-WW1 game? Those were good times...
scrdest

Postby denton3110 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:39 pm

I would want levels in the next update or maybe later because the more you think about it, your not really achieving anything while your in the game, you basically have to set a kill streak for yourself which isn't always fun and get get boring fast. Not trying to be mean, just saying some idea's.
denton3110

Postby CaptainDerpster » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:22 pm

we need side arms and helicopters mortars lag fixes parachutes spy planes ladders with definitely need ladders and maybe rocket launchers maybe bigger maps 64 player slots and etc...... cant say all i want might be to boring lol ^_____^
CaptainDerpster

Location: In The DerpySea full of DerpyFishes And Fellow DerpyPirates

PreviousNext

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion