Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

0.76 Discussion

For all things AoS!

Re: 0.76 Discussion

Postby ChaosTLW » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:12 pm

Soo... when will it be released?
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Fluttershy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:52 pm

Putin wrote:EDIT: What happened to the poll that Ben made "what weapon you would like the most in aos " ? Just for the one who dont knew the Sniper won.

Only because the poll was rigged anyways.
Fluttershy

Postby Putin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:35 am

Omg what moron wants a shotgun in a bf2 like game with huge maps and hills -_- "
AoS The worst game with the greatest potential .
Putin

Postby Sniper101 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:56 am

Putin wrote:Omg what moron wants a shotgun in a bf2 like game with huge maps and hills -_- "

Uh, me?
ImageImage
Sniper101
[DELTA] Member

Postby ChaosTLW » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:21 pm

Putin wrote:Omg what moron wants a shotgun in a bf2 like game with huge maps and hills -_- "

The Gen map is not even used nowadays. There is only one or two servers hosting it at any time.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby xXWarriorXx » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:27 am

Why was the rifle's ammo capacity decreased to 5, Why not 8, Some people complain about it even me. The 0.76 update is perfect, But i think there should be 8 rounds for the rifle.
Team Fortress 2 + Minecraft + Counter-Strike= Ace of Spades
xXWarriorXx

Postby Mehrunes » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:28 am

Obviously trying to make SMG dominant in the relationship, since Rifle is more rape than the SMG as a whole if you are pro. BEN WHY U DISCOURAGE USE OF RIFLE FOR NOOBLORDS?
I am Mehrunes, and I will be the one to reign victorious over you!... In bed.
Mehrunes
[SPQR] Member

Postby ZaPhobos » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:31 am

xXWarriorXx wrote:Why was the rifle's ammo capacity decreased to 5, Why not 8, Some people complain about it even me. The 0.76 update is perfect, But i think there should be 8 rounds for the rifle.

HOLD UP.
THEY REDUCED IT TO 5 AGAIN?
Hallelujah.

Mehrunes wrote:Obviously trying to make SMG dominant in the relationship, since Rifle is more rape than the SMG as a whole if you are pro. BEN WHY U DISCOURAGE USE OF RIFLE FOR NOOBLORDS?

Bekau' MLG Proz link meh ar abl 2 crutch den snip an kil deh perdon in da seiam wai sniprriffls du.
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Postby xXWarriorXx » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:55 am

ZaPhobos wrote:
xXWarriorXx wrote:Why was the rifle's ammo capacity decreased to 5, Why not 8, Some people complain about it even me. The 0.76 update is perfect, But i think there should be 8 rounds for the rifle.

HOLD UP.
THEY REDUCED IT TO 5 AGAIN?
Hallelujah.

Mehrunes wrote:Obviously trying to make SMG dominant in the relationship, since Rifle is more rape than the SMG as a whole if you are pro. BEN WHY U DISCOURAGE USE OF RIFLE FOR NOOBLORDS?

Bekau' MLG Proz link meh ar abl 2 crutch den snip an kil deh perdon in da seiam wai sniprriffls du.

Yallelujah?
Team Fortress 2 + Minecraft + Counter-Strike= Ace of Spades
xXWarriorXx

Postby Fluttershy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:31 pm

What moron wants a sniper in a game where you cant see more than 120 yards or so and a rifle serves the EXACT SAME PURPOSE, except better?

God damn it I just redownloaded the RC because I thought ben actually had to brains/balls to re-nerf the rifle. Its had 8 shots for like, 3 months. Really wish Ben would just revert it to good ol first .76 rc where it had 5 shots and a more modest fire rate. That was at least a good start for the nerf rifle needed.
Fluttershy

Postby ChaosTLW » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Sooooo... When is .76 coming out?
#1 most active member

ChaosTLW

Postby tunaspirit » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:15 pm

ChaosTLW wrote:Sooooo... When is .76 coming out?

The Terazillion dollar question.

(you know, the time it takes to release this update is getting OUT OF HAND FOR SO MUCH MINOR CHANGES.)
[18:33] <+boolface> hey guys imma releqase 0.76 now
[18:34] <+Ethoslab> TheGrandmaster hey do you have any idea when updates gona come
[18:34] <+gen_applejack> now
[18:34] <+gen_applejack> as boolface told us
tunaspirit

Postby CobaltCloud » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:20 pm

Im starting to really crave the RPG and thats in 1.0. I want my shotty buffs now also. Wonder whats taking so long... As long I get it I guess it doesn't matter :P
IGN:[Delta]Cloud
CobaltCloud
[DELTA] Member

Postby Afrodude4 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:21 am

Oh dear god I don't want this update.

I usually get about 3-5 kills per clip. That's with 10 bullets in the .75 version. After the update, that puts me down to about 1-3 kills with 5 bullets (haven't played .76, just estimating). This now makes wall popping with a semi, my most successful style of play, completely inefficient. The semi is supposed to be just that, a semi-automatic rifle, not a sniper rifle. Semi-autos aren't supposed to take a whole second between shots, this completely ruins the play style of most pros and semi pros that use the rifle almost exclusively. If this update stays true to the changelog, I might straight up quit the game.
Representing Jamaica Power

Afrodude4

Postby ChaosTLW » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:12 am

Afrodude4 wrote:Oh dear god I don't want this update.

I usually get about 3-5 kills per clip. That's with 10 bullets in the .75 version. After the update, that puts me down to about 1-3 kills with 5 bullets (haven't played .76, just estimating). This now makes wall popping with a semi, my most successful style of play, completely inefficient. The semi is supposed to be just that, a semi-automatic rifle, not a sniper rifle. Semi-autos aren't supposed to take a whole second between shots, this completely ruins the play style of most pros and semi pros that use the rifle almost exclusively. If this update stays true to the changelog, I might straight up quit the game.

Damage will be increased, it will take 2 shots to kill. This way you can get 3 kills if one is a headshot.
Besides, why the duck would you need a 10-round magazine if the rifle has a 1-shot-kill capabilitie? The rifle is not supposed to go charging guns blazin on the frontline, it is supposed to sit back and pick off heads.
Oh, and in the last RC the magazine was increased to 8. So you get your 4 kills on bodyshot back, and the RoF was increased to pre-RC values, which I think is ridiculous. It was an enormours and unneeded buff to the rifle. I think the RoF should be decreased(not as much as in the first RC, but significantly decreased), and the magazine should be lowered to 6.
#1 most active member

ChaosTLW

PreviousNext

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion