Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

0.76 Discussion

For all things AoS!

Re: 0.76 Discussion

Postby Afrodude4 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:27 am

10-round magazine, I get 3-5 kills out of that, which is quite good. I don't need 10 rounds, but 5 rounds is far too small. The RoF is fine in the .75 update, that should not be changed. If it were to be reduced, rifles would be far too powerful, if it is increased, that makes it useless.

Also, it has become apparent to me that you don't understand thr concept of a semi automatic rifle. They are NOT for sniping, that is not how they were made to be used in the game, and it most certainly is not how a semi auto is used IRL. Ask Ben to add a sniper rifle, rather than ruining the semi trying to make it a sniper.
Representing Jamaica Power

Afrodude4

Postby ei8htx » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:29 am

I mentioned this in another post, but here it is again:

Some simple math:
10 shots divided by 3 body shots gets 3.33 kills
8 shots divided by 2 body shots gets 4 kills.

The rifle gets a boost with this update.

Also, an increase in rate means it's faster, as in an increase in ROF (rate of fire) means that the rifle fires faster. A decrease means it's slower.
ei8htx

Postby ZaPhobos » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:30 am

Afrodude4 wrote:10-round magazine, I get 3-5 kills out of that, which is quite good. I don't need 10 rounds, but 5 rounds is far too small. The RoF is fine in the .75 update, that should not be changed. If it were to be reduced, rifles would be far too powerful, if it is increased, that makes it useless.

Also, it has become apparent to me that you don't understand thr concept of a semi automatic rifle. They are NOT for sniping, that is not how they were made to be used in the game, and it most certainly is not how a semi auto is used IRL. Ask Ben to add a sniper rifle, rather than ruining the semi trying to make it a sniper.

Well, seeing as how it's the only weapon that can get an instakill headshot, and the wiki labels the people who use it as "snipers," I see it just fine. If he wanted a semi auto rifle, it would stay this way. Ben wants a damned sniper rifle, and we have to deal with it.

Not that I'm complaining.
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Postby Afrodude4 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 am

@Chaos and @ei8htx

I don't care about the damage increase on body shots, if you are relatively decent at the game, you should only get headshots about 80-90% of the time (I consider myself relatively decent). The problem I have with it being possibly reduced to a 5 round magazine is that it loses every ability it has other than being a weapon you can "snipe" with. I don't snipe with the semi because I'm not a fucking noob and I can actually move around the battlefield while being able to shoot. If the magazine were to be reduced to 5, or even 6 for that matter, the game becomes snipers vs. smg noobs.

Afrodude4

Postby ZaPhobos » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:51 am

Afrodude4 wrote:@Chaos and @ei8htx

I don't care about the damage increase on body shots, if you are relatively decent at the game, you should only get headshots about 80-90% of the time (I consider myself relatively decent). The problem I have with it being possibly reduced to a 5 round magazine is that it loses every ability it has other than being a weapon you can "snipe" with. I don't snipe with the semi because I'm not a fucking noob and I can actually move around the battlefield while being able to shoot. If the magazine were to be reduced to 5, or even 6 for that matter, the game becomes snipers vs. smg noobs.

Is that not the point?
To have different weapons to fight with in various situations?
You are really closed minded about possibilities.

The rifle is getting that damage buff so that you can kill a guy in two shots, if unlucky enough to not hit that huge head, and so that you don't have to waste another shot just to kill off a guy with 2 health.

The speed nerf is so that the SMG can actually hold its ground at mid range against it, and the shotgun at close range.

People keep wanting it to be an all purpose battle rifle, and Ben likes the idea of a semi automatic sniper rifle, and so do a lot of others.
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Postby ei8htx » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:55 am

Fact: Your typical fireteam consists of 3 people with a assault rifles (SMG in AoS) and 1 dude with something else like in a grenadier role or designated marksmen (semi in AoS).

So in this game there should roughly be 3 noobs with SMGs for every one guy with a semi. Most FPS games are set up this way anyway, few guys are running around in a sniper role and everyone else is carrying assault rifles.
ei8htx

Postby Afrodude4 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:08 am

@ZaPhobos and there are a lot of people who think his idea is stupid and don't like the idea of a semi automatic sniper rifle. And it's not very hard ( unless you are very, very new to the game) to kill a rifleman at mid-range with an smg. All you have to do is use short burst of bullets, rather than unloading the clip on one guy.

@ei8htx Fact: A lot of people don't like the idea of having 3 times as many dueces running around randomly shooting smgs to the people using rifles that are getting kills and being productive.

Afrodude4

Postby ei8htx » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:24 am

Being productive? What?
ei8htx

Postby ZaPhobos » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:30 am

Afrodude4 wrote:@ZaPhobos and there are a lot of people who think his idea is stupid and don't like the idea of a semi automatic sniper rifle. And it's not very hard ( unless you are very, very new to the game) to kill a rifleman at mid-range with an smg. All you have to do is use short burst of bullets, rather than unloading the clip on one guy.

@ei8htx Fact: A lot of people don't like the idea of having 3 times as many dueces running around randomly shooting smgs to the people using rifles that are getting kills and being productive.

Your elitist is showing...

Ben actually knows that half the people in this game aren't competent enough to burst fire, or even crouch for that matter.
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Postby Mariokillu » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:57 am

.76 RC10 is the best.
Mariokillu

Postby Putin » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:06 am

Rifle should have 5-Bullets and Rof lowered it is something like a sniper 1shoot kill and huge accuracy.
AoS The worst game with the greatest potential .
Putin

Postby Afrodude4 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:11 pm

ZaPhobos wrote:
Afrodude4 wrote:@ZaPhobos and there are a lot of people who think his idea is stupid and don't like the idea of a semi automatic sniper rifle. And it's not very hard ( unless you are very, very new to the game) to kill a rifleman at mid-range with an smg. All you have to do is use short burst of bullets, rather than unloading the clip on one guy.

Your elitist is showing...

Ben actually knows that half the people in this game aren't competent enough to burst fire, or even crouch for that matter.

Lol, don't think I'm anywhere near skilled enough to have that big of an ego. But up until this point, everything I've said is true.

I understand that there are people who don't understand how to burst fire, but after a few days of noticing that spraying randomly isn't as effective as other methods, they'll usually try something else, or stay in a state of being awful at the game.

Afrodude4

Postby HoboHob » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:41 pm

I don't like the drop shadow on the text :/
HoboHob

Postby ChaosTLW » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:54 pm

Afrodude4 wrote:@ei8htx Fact: A lot of people don't like the idea of having 3 times as many dueces running around randomly shooting smgs to the people using rifles that are getting kills and being productive.

So if I use SMG, no matter how skilled I am with it, does that matter I'm not being productive, even if I go and cap CPs, clear an area of enemies or am the only one capping the intel? Well that's an interesting logic you have there.

Anyway, the rifle IS NOT intended to be an all-around good-for-everything gun. Ben is doing the right thing, making the Rifle a long-range gun, THE WAY IT SHOULD BE. The SMG is intended for medium-range engagements, jackhammering and frontline work, the Shotgun is intended for close-range infiltration/personal defense when building tunnels.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Afrodude4 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:14 am

ChaosTLW wrote:
Afrodude4 wrote:@ei8htx Fact: A lot of people don't like the idea of having 3 times as many dueces running around randomly shooting smgs to the people using rifles that are getting kills and being productive.

So if I use SMG, no matter how skilled I am with it, does that matter I'm not being productive, even if I go and cap CPs, clear an area of enemies or am the only one capping the intel? Well that's an interesting logic you have there.

Anyway, the rifle IS NOT intended to be an all-around good-for-everything gun. Ben is doing the right thing, making the Rifle a long-range gun, THE WAY IT SHOULD BE. The SMG is intended for medium-range engagements, jackhammering and frontline work, the Shotgun is intended for close-range infiltration/personal defense when building tunnels.

I'm talking about noobs who spray with the smg, if you're good with an smg, that's great, use it. But for the most part, people who use smgs don't know how to use them properly.
Then explain why it was the first, and for quite a while, the only gun in the game.

Afrodude4

PreviousNext

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion