Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

0.76 Discussion

For all things AoS!

Re: 0.76 Discussion

Postby ZaPhobos » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:19 am

Afrodude4 wrote:
ChaosTLW wrote:
Afrodude4 wrote:@ei8htx Fact: A lot of people don't like the idea of having 3 times as many dueces running around randomly shooting smgs to the people using rifles that are getting kills and being productive.

So if I use SMG, no matter how skilled I am with it, does that matter I'm not being productive, even if I go and cap CPs, clear an area of enemies or am the only one capping the intel? Well that's an interesting logic you have there.

Anyway, the rifle IS NOT intended to be an all-around good-for-everything gun. Ben is doing the right thing, making the Rifle a long-range gun, THE WAY IT SHOULD BE. The SMG is intended for medium-range engagements, jackhammering and frontline work, the Shotgun is intended for close-range infiltration/personal defense when building tunnels.

I'm talking about noobs who spray with the smg, if you're good with an smg, that's great, use it. But for the most part, people who use smgs don't know how to use them properly.
Then explain why it was the first, and for quite a while, the only gun in the game.

It doesn't need a reason to be first. It simply was the first weapon implemented. Now with other weapons, he is giving it checks and balances for it to be the long range weapon he wants it to be.

No comment on SMG.
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Postby Afrodude4 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:54 am

I'm fine with checks and balances, that's a great way to form the game. But 5 bullets in a magazine? That's ridiculous. I think that bringing it down to 8 is a good enough debuff.
Representing Jamaica Power

Afrodude4

Postby ChaosTLW » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:11 am

Afrodude4 wrote:I'm fine with checks and balances, that's a great way to form the game. But 5 bullets in a magazine? That's ridiculous. I think that bringing it down to 8 is a good enough debuff.

Eh, I also think that 5 bullets in a magazine is a tad low, IMO the optimized value would be 7.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Fluttershy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:03 am

Afrodude4 wrote:I'm fine with checks and balances, that's a great way to form the game. But 5 bullets in a magazine? That's ridiculous. I think that bringing it down to 8 is a good enough debuff.

Anything more than 5 is honestly a crutch for bad players to lean on, you shouldnt need more than 5 shots to begin with when you have a hitscan, perfect accuracy, one hit weapon.

Afrodude4 wrote:10-round magazine, I get 3-5 kills out of that, which is quite good. I don't need 10 rounds, but 5 rounds is far too small. The RoF is fine in the .75 update, that should not be changed. If it were to be reduced, rifles would be far too powerful, if it is increased, that makes it useless.

you have your terminology backwards, if the rate of fire is increased, its firing faster, and if its decreased, its firing slower. And no, slowing down its rof doesnt make it useless.

Afrodude4 wrote:Also, it has become apparent to me that you don't understand thr concept of a semi automatic rifle. They are NOT for sniping, that is not how they were made to be used in the game, and it most certainly is not how a semi auto is used IRL. Ask Ben to add a sniper rifle, rather than ruining the semi trying to make it a sniper.

what would a sniper offer in a game where viability is limited (so scoping is pointless), and theres already a blazing fast, pinpoint weapon that one/two hits people and has a massive ammo reserve?

Putin wrote:Rifle should have 5-Bullets and Rof lowered it is something like a sniper 1shoot kill and huge accuracy.

It isnt the best solution but it sure as hell is a step in the right direction. Im disapointed in Ben for backing off about this.
Fluttershy

Postby Afrodude4 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:21 pm

ChaosTLW wrote:

Eh, I also think that 5 bullets in a magazine is a tad low, IMO the optimized value would be 7.

I think that is also a very good compromise. It's high enough for people who aren't using rifles for purely long distance fights. And it's low enough for people not to be able to spam rifle bullets.

Afrodude4

Postby Sniper101 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:23 am

Afrodude4 wrote:
ChaosTLW wrote:

I think that is also a very good compromise. It's high enough for people who aren't using rifles for purely long distance fights. And it's low enough for people not to be able to spam rifle bullets.

5 is enough. The semi is supposed to be used for defensive purposes.

Or at least I thought it was.
ImageImage
Sniper101
[DELTA] Member

Postby Afrodude4 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:47 am

But you would be incredibly suprised to see how many people are able to use the semi extremly effectively when attacking the enemy directly.

Afrodude4

Postby ZaPhobos » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:26 am

Afrodude4 wrote:But you would be incredibly suprised to see how many people are able to use the semi extremly effectively when attacking the enemy directly.

And he wants to change that so its for more defensive and cover fire purposes.

Remember, we have little say in this, unless a whole crowd roars for something.
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Postby Afrodude4 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:40 am

I just hope that he sticks to the .76 version that is out now.

Afrodude4

Postby Mehrunes » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:29 am

Shitgun is no longer shitgun, but Diarrheagun right now, since Diarrhea can be fired more faster than shit right..?... RIGHT?!
I am Mehrunes, and I will be the one to reign victorious over you!... In bed.
Mehrunes
[SPQR] Member

Postby ZaPhobos » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:31 am

Mehrunes wrote:Shitgun is no longer shitgun, but Diarrheagun right now, since Diarrhea can be fired more faster than shit right..?... RIGHT?!

Yes, now it is a faster spreading machine. Still unreliable due to the pellets becoming cotton candy at anything farther than 25 blocks.
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Postby Sniper101 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:47 am

ZaPhobos wrote:
Mehrunes wrote:Shitgun is no longer shitgun, but Diarrheagun right now, since Diarrhea can be fired more faster than shit right..?... RIGHT?!

Yes, now it is a faster spreading machine. Still unreliable due to the pellets becoming cotton candy at anything farther than 25 blocks.

Reminds me of the AA-12 in CoD.
ImageImage
Sniper101
[DELTA] Member

Postby Th3MaN1 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:33 pm

I've been thinking about:

- Body customization (Color, uniforms, gloves( different hand color), helmets etc.)
- Secondary weapons:
1. 9mm
The fast, but weakest pistol with little damage but a big magazine (compared to the other pistols).
2. 1911
The balanced weapon , average Rate Of Fire, "average" magazine but stronger than the pistol.
3. Desert Eagle/Revolver
The slowest, but strongest weapon with a little magazine with ALMOST pin-point damage.

-Tweaks to Rifle, SMG and Shootie
1. Rifle - I dunno about other versions, but the rifle should have a slightly better accuracy with 8 rounds per mag.
2. SMG - Smaller range.
3. Shootie - Slightly better rate of fire and 8 shells.
Th3MaN1

Postby Afrodude4 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:18 pm

Th3MaN1 wrote:Tweaks to Rifle, SMG and Shootie
1. Rifle - I dunno about other versions, but the rifle should have a slightly better accuracy with 8 rounds per mag.
2. SMG - Smaller range.
3. Shootie - Slightly better rate of fire and 8 shells.

Basically, this works.

Afrodude4

Postby wrpen » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:45 pm

Okay, so I have version 0.76, but it seems most server are still in 0.75. I can't join any of the servers, and I can't redownload 0.75 because I already have 0.76. What do?

TL;DR: Version conflict with most servers because they don't update. What do?
wrpen

PreviousNext

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion