Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Would you buy Ace of Spades?

For all things AoS!

Would you buy Ace of Spades?

Yes
33%
No
37%
Maybe
30%

Total votes : 204

Re: AoS P2P Disscusion

Postby NoU » Thu May 24, 2012 9:07 pm

I'll gladly pay 10-20 dollars for Ace of Spades.
NoU

Re: Would you buy Ace of Spades?

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Mon May 28, 2012 5:42 pm

DoomSplitter wrote:
AEM wrote:I'm pretty sure it's around $10, which is reasonable but a problem for me.

I will say this as many times as I need to until people understand it. If you can't buy it, then that's just too bad. We are living in a world where more and more games are being sold only through online transactions, and no developer is going to make his or her game free just because there are people that can't buy it. The game will sell. We may lose some players because of it, but that's just how economics work. If you can't find a way to buy it, then you can't have it, It's as simple as that.

There are other ways for them to make money without putting a price on the game. Like an adfly web entry thing, it doesn't display an ad that I know of so every time someone goes into the site, they make a cent which adds up pretty fast.
Defaulter wrote:Hey guys,

As you may be aware its been confirmed for a while now that AoS will one day be a pay'd game, you will have to pay to register an account and play the game,

^ Disscus.

Some of my thoughts:

I BELIEVE that there will be a free version of the game available, when it goes pay'd.

WHY?

Simple really, ben has built up a player base that he does not want to damage, now he knows that a lot of people in the community will have trouble paying, or there will be a lot of delay in switching to pay'd for alot of people. He wont want to stall the engine of the community.

Therefore I'm thinking a free to play version will be released along side, most likely taking the form of: Cannot change username, can only join certain servers, cannot record stats b/c no account etc and other things that will make it a much better game to play IF YOU BUY IT.

It's also a smart marketing and money making technique, people wont be as tempted to pay for the game from only watching trailers etc, then if they get a taste of the action, and see what they are missing out on.

And then there's the fact that ben will not want to screw over the loyalty of the current players, maybe when forum registration comes out; because when p2p aos is released, they can see how had an account since a certain date in the past. And offer a discount or etc to those people.

----

Just a tired ramble typed out like a dyslexic tuna fish at 1am, enjoy :P

- DE

Your forgetting the part where they said that there won't be free version. But I really like the people that played for a long time getting a discount thing, I may be able to get it then :D
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby Falcon » Mon May 28, 2012 8:00 pm

IMO, if you had an account on the old forums, you get dis-count or for free.
IGN:USABxFALCON IRC:Fawlkon
Falcon
[USAB] Member

Postby Pvtrex » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:25 pm

Who cares about graphics. The only thing I want in a game is the amount of fun I can suck out of it. Ace of Spades has provided that. Buy it? If I had a credit card. I envy you people who can legally own a credit card, I envy you.
You just gotta love that feeling when you're using a smg and you flank 3 rifle players huddle together in 1 spot.
Pvtrex

Postby Baglady74 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:26 pm

I would spend up to $5 on this game with no regrets.
Baglady74

Postby Pvtrex » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:51 pm

I envy you. I wish i had a credit card.
You just gotta love that feeling when you're using a smg and you flank 3 rifle players huddle together in 1 spot.
Pvtrex

Postby henman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:08 am

I will if its cheap. like $5 to $10 bucks or so. thats why i said yes. but now i have second thoughts.........
just wish they could keep it free. i said yes but only cause this is the funnest pc game my comp can run. so ya i probably will buy it. (better save up!) lol
Last edited by henman on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
signed - henman
henman

Postby CobaltCloud » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:19 am

I will buy it in a heartbeat. I don't understand why people think there won't be enough content for it to be worth $10. Its got everything a FPS needs and can run on your moms 15 year old thick-as-your-granpas-house computer. I would buy it just for the smexy RPG coming out.
IGN:[Delta]Cloud
CobaltCloud
[DELTA] Member

Postby henman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:22 am

Its a must have. but hopefully they add a new gun. :)
signed - henman
henman

Postby CobaltCloud » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:30 am

They are adding an MMG, an RPG, helicopters, health and ammo crates, a snazy new title screen, and a name change thats automatic (hopefully automatic). So there will be plenty new toys for it to be worth the buy.
IGN:[Delta]Cloud
CobaltCloud
[DELTA] Member

Postby Crafty » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:48 am

I definatley would buy Ace Of Spades. It's always on my mind when I'm doing something else. I know it may need more upgrades etc. but it keeps me entertained for a very long time, and I have chatted with some awesome people. I like the fact that it's so simple yet amazing.
Crafty

Postby UNDERCOVER » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:40 am

CobaltCloud wrote:They are adding an MMG, an RPG, helicopters, health and ammo crates, a snazy new title screen, and a name change thats automatic (hopefully automatic). So there will be plenty new toys for it to be worth the buy.
The helicopter was just a placeholder, we are not getting it in 1.0
tunaspirit wrote:So AoS is an actual army simulator?
I never knew Marines were fighting THAT much terrorist polaks and brazilians.
UNDERCOVER

Postby aceospades » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:19 pm

I would buy it. If I had a credit card, which I don't. I would buy it if it was an app. Maybe even if it was just a map building app.
Is that you Luigi?
aceospades

Postby DrPain » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:40 pm

Well, that depends
If the game cost money, the community would most likely improve
And developement would be accelerated
But at the same time, when ace of spades was rifles only, when people still played on classic maps, that there was a game I'd pay for.
DrPain

Postby Desire » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:18 am

Sure I would - if it was in the 10-20 dollar price range, and I have a few bucks to bust.
Desire

PreviousNext

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion