Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Handgun poll

For all things AoS!

Re: Handgun poll

Postby kmaj » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:47 pm

ChaosTLW wrote:Repeater with 7 rounds in mag and a total 6 mags.
Maybe like, 20 damage to body,5 hits to kill, 45~50 damage to head, 2 or 3 hits to kill, and 15 damage to limbs, 7 hits to kill? It should be something that isn't a main weapon but should remain a good option if you are caught on a 1x1 against an enemy player.

It should have the same damage as the SMG, as they use the same bullets afaik.
kmaj
[FF] Leader

Postby demo123 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:58 pm

Demonic Anti-Atheist Croatian(said by ChaosTLW)
Want a sig similar to mine. Send me a PM.
Screw YOLO. YOLT ftw.
demo123
[SPQR] Member

Postby ChaosTLW » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:01 pm

kmaj wrote:
ChaosTLW wrote:Repeater with 7 rounds in mag and a total 6 mags.
Maybe like, 20 damage to body,5 hits to kill, 45~50 damage to head, 2 or 3 hits to kill, and 15 damage to limbs, 7 hits to kill? It should be something that isn't a main weapon but should remain a good option if you are caught on a 1x1 against an enemy player.

It should have the same damage as the SMG, as they use the same bullets afaik.

But,as the barrel on a SMG is usually longer than a pistol's barrel, wouldn't that make the bullet hit harder?
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Priok » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:40 pm

it doesn't really matter, it's not about realism at all in this game, it is more about balance and fun I would say. having the pistol be weaker wouldn't be bad, just have it so it can fire a bit faster than the rifle, and does a little less damage than the SMG.
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=3112 - my mods
Ace of Spades leader board rank: 1
Priok

Postby ralph4769 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:56 am

As for me the most important thing in the game is that you feel relax and enjoy so much while playing.
"He felt secured while wearing his duty holsters."
ralph4769

Postby Putin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:53 am

Simply a Colt 1911 pistol ...
AoS The worst game with the greatest potential .
Putin

Postby ZaPhobos » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:56 am

R-R-R-Repeater.

Standard handgun for all the things.

Also, clutch performances when you run out of ammo.
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Postby Sparrow137 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:27 pm

Repeater, please.
Sparrow137
[DELTA] Member

Postby Mehrunes » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:49 pm

Revolver. Have it deal damage like an SMG, but have the fire rate about the same level as the rifle. K we have a weapon that anyone would want as either a primary <(If you really want to) or secondary weapon. Plus high recoil btw.

Besides, having a repeater would be certainly a bad idea man. Totally advises people to panic and start firing randomly whenever they get up close and have no ammo. With a revolver, game teaches you to be calm and aim properly.
I am Mehrunes, and I will be the one to reign victorious over you!... In bed.
Mehrunes
[SPQR] Member

Postby zephir » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:49 pm

if people fire randomly they won't hit anything, and it's easy to shoot them because they'r making a racket and i can see from the tracers exactly where they are. gives their position away. is that a bad thing?

i don't like revolver much, it feels so... old. and proper aim and stuff is something you practice in real life. in games with virtual bullets, i'd rather have a gun that I can just pepper stuff downrange with. ammo's a big issue for me in the game anyway. it would be really nice if the handgun's a backup gun, so when you run out of ammo after having killed 35 people working your way across the map you don't have to go kamikaze with the spade just so that someone would kill you so you cna respawn with ammo again. I really hate that aspect of the game, where you can't pick up more ammo from people you killed so instead then i run out i just go suicide bomb their spawn. because there's no way I can make it back to my CP with less than 5 rounds left. it puts a serious damper on my ratios. a weak backup pistol (imagine a spade that has range) would at least give me a chance to get back to spawn and pick up more ammo.
zephir

Postby ZaPhobos » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:43 pm

Mehrunes wrote:Revolver. Have it deal damage like an SMG, but have the fire rate about the same level as the rifle. K we have a weapon that anyone would want as either a primary <(If you really want to) or secondary weapon. Plus high recoil btw.

Besides, having a repeater would be certainly a bad idea man. Totally advises people to panic and start firing randomly whenever they get up close and have no ammo. With a revolver, game teaches you to be calm and aim properly.

Revolver? In war? Don't make me laugh. Only drug cartels.

Repeater, deal like 2 or 3 less than SMG, have slightly more spread than SMG, and have a fire rate slightly higher than our current rifle.
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Postby ChaosTLW » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:04 pm

I'll go with a revolver-like pistol, but modeled after a M1911 instead of a revolver, with a faster fire rate and weaker power, but not as fast and weak as a repeater.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Falcon » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:10 am

M1911 Semi-Auto or as fast as you can click. With 9 mags and 7 bullets
IGN:USABxFALCON IRC:Fawlkon
Falcon
[USAB] Member

Postby Derpy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:11 am

DrPockets wrote:THIS IS NOT A SUGGESTION THAT WE ADD HANDGUNS. I KNOW THAT THEY ARE GOING TO BE IMPLEMENTED

What kind of handgun do we want to be added?
1. Repeater- semi-auto, weak but shoots quickly with some recoil. Might have a silencer?
2. Revolver- semi-auto, somewhat strong, fairly large recoil
3. Machine Pistol- like the repeater but automatic. I guess it is like a worse SMG?

I apologize if something like this has been done before but I wanted to see the community's opinions?

Is there a possibility of having all three? I mean, if they're balanced enough, such as with the weapons we already have, you might just pick between normal, revolver, or repeater.

I'm a brony, but not too far.

Why I choose to play AOS, and why I stay in it is a mystery to even me. Perhaps, when I grow older, I may discover that reason, and the answer to other questions of this game.
Derpy
[TSB] Member

Postby Derpy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:12 am

EDIT: Double post. Mah bad.
Last edited by Derpy on Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm a brony, but not too far.

Why I choose to play AOS, and why I stay in it is a mystery to even me. Perhaps, when I grow older, I may discover that reason, and the answer to other questions of this game.
Derpy
[TSB] Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion