Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Intel Stratagy

For all things AoS!

Intel Stratagy

Postby BlizzardDUCK » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:23 am

So here the way i guard the intel.

Step 1: Make sure the intel is at ground level, make 2-5 blocks off the ground so you can clearly see it.
- This makes it easy to see if it is missing, if it is underground it will be much much harder to retrieve because good tunnelers will have multiple tunnels and a group with them.

Step 2: Do not build anything close to the intel
- You want the other team to see the intel. This is because if the run out in the open, they have nothing to hide behind, they run at a steady pace, easy to lead them and take them out. If you have buildings or whatever around the intel, The enemy can easily sneak up and take control of the building, pushing to get the intel.

Step 3: Don't stand next to the intel
- A good player will drop you, move people in, and then camp on you. You want to stand quite far away, making sure you have a clear sight of the intel and around it. Put the intel about 30 blocks from fog, that way you can see people running from the back. Use the semi, its you best chance.

Step 4: Expose all enemy tunnels
- Dig up all enemy tunnels, it the tunnels no longer have a roof above, the enemy is most likely not going to use it again. Make sure the tunnel doesn't have a roof for a long long ways. This forces the other team to make a new tunnel, and you can hear them digging so you can spot the new tunnel.

I decided to write this because i've gotten into so many arguments about putting the intel on the ground. It makes me mad when they dig it under.
BlizzardDUCK

Re: Intel Stratagy

Postby Aqwertybqwerty » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:45 am

I personally just try to make a spider tower around it if time allows, and then guard it to make sure no one takes it down.

Links:

Video on making a proper spider tower: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IUHDPEiDRQ

Wiki Page on intel tactics: http://aceofspadeswiki.com/index.php?ti ... el_Tactics

On a side note,I never understood why some people think it's a good idea to shoot themselves in the foot and bury the intel; it's easy prey for tunnelers and is hard to defend
Aqwertybqwerty

Postby Tek2 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:44 am

I still prefer huge intel towers which will be griefed by my own team. :D They are just a pain to make.
Tek2

Postby TheGeekZeke101 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:06 pm

Personally:

~Make hard to reach tower. Usually somewhere around 4x8. I make sure it doesn't block my view of enemies coming closer

~Find cover close with a view from each direction. Don't make it too obvious and keep with the original map.

~Wait for the enemy to get close. Shoot when you know you have them.

Retired Member Missing In Action As Of 7/26/12
TheGeekZeke101

Postby Szuwar » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:18 pm

What about diggers?
You can't really expect them to storm your tower.
Szuwar

Postby TheGeekZeke101 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:45 pm

Szuwar wrote:What about diggers?
You can't really expect them to storm your tower.

You can see the intel on the map, so you could follow them through the ground. You would also, if close enough, here blocks being broken. With the damage done you should be able to find their route and take them down.

Retired Member Missing In Action As Of 7/26/12
TheGeekZeke101

Postby Zinger » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:27 am

Intel towers are the way to go, but it takes time and way more than 50 blocks to make a good one. The main purpose of a tower is to delay attackers from getting your intel, and to give yourself more time to kill attackers.

1. Make legs/pillars bigger than 1x1. This preserves the towers life for longer.
2. but don't make them bigger than 2x2. Otherwise, people can get in the inside and dig their way up, without anyone knowing.
3. People can jump and get the intel without being on the same level as it. Make sure to keep the intel high up, more than 6 blocks above the ground is usually safe.

I thought this thread was about offense, so I'm going to talk about countering towers:

1. Keep in mind that you don't HAVE to break their tower. Sometimes you can just place a block or two, and manage to be on top of the tower.
2. Be sneaky for as long as possible. Once you've killed somebody that saw you, they will keep coming back until you're dead. Once you actually get the intel, feel free to go rambo because people will be looking for you anyway.
3. Once you're running away with the intel, get behind cover quickly, and avoid open spaces until you get close to your side.
Zinger
Komrade Member

Postby Fett316 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:46 am

Personally, I prefer to sit back behind or to the side of the intel and camp until an unsuspecting victim walks up to take it. Depending on how many come to get in on a regular basis, I prefer to snipe with the SMG rather than the rifle.
http://www.maverickmods.zxq.net/

I will NOT join your clan!!

Fett316

Postby TheGrandmaster » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:54 pm

This is the only picture of an intel tower I seem to have in my screenshots.

Basics being to raise the intel up high, then build high supports around it with as many links above reachable distance as possible, though this is quite an old tower, need some higher struts really.
IGN: TheGrandmaster or <@tGM~wiki> | #AoS: IRC channel
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
Latest AoS video: here
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Postby Pulchritude » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:58 pm

The problem I've found with intel towers is that can usually just climb them if you place a block or two.

I like putting the intel below ground in a bunker, then creating a fake(hallowed out) wall and camp with the shotgun.
Cats > dogs
FACT.
Pulchritude
[LDR] Member

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion