Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Dont you just enjoy being in this community?

For all things AoS!

Dont you just enjoy being in this community?

Postby Stiivais » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:30 pm

So guys, a little thread for your opinions of the community...
This is made because i simply enjoy being a part of this a bit too much.
But this brings up a question.
"Don't you enjoy being a part of the AoS community, and if you do,
what exactly do you enjoy about it?"

For me, personally, the most awesome part is the diversity of members we have here.
StackOverflow, DeathEnhanced, Enari to name a few... even the DeuceBot is funny xD.
Its nice to see all of the weird situations, when all of these people with different opinions meet.
Well, mostly you just sit with popcorn and wait for all the rage-spam at the IRC to be over,
then some people get banned and you continue to argue in a polite way. But the topics you can discuss
over IRC chat, in a channel dedicated to a game, are simply amazing.
Moments like this might be unnecessary, but are fun.
Of course, the things people can create on the servers are also good... Well, surprising, at least.
Like, building giant forts or taking even greater forts down (enemie's, of course).
Or building giant statues of penises, while being flanked by 4 guys. The ability to shape the
game world as the player pleases is really good, and i give 2 free internets to the guy, whoever
thought of this idea. Well, this brings up the problem of griefers, but since we have the votekick
it doesnt usually cause that many problems...

But enough of my thoughts about this game and it's community.
Tell me, what makes you keep playing this game and be a part of its community?
The awesome members? The good gameplay? Ability to have your suggestions implemeted,
before this game goes mainstream, and has 20000 members? What is it?

Discuss...
Also: shutting up because i have caused some annoyances lately.
Stiivais

Re: Dont you just enjoy being in this community?

Postby Tigershield » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:51 pm

Well nice thread.

What I like about AOS is the small community, Nothing big and nothing to small. You kinda learn to know some forum members. You can see them in the battlefield, and on the forum, thats why I stick around. And offourse for the game itself.

Well most forum members that you start to learn are here sinds the beginning of AOS(AOS is still in begin stages.) so I hope these people stick around. Even when the game get's mainstream and a shitload of new people join. We need a hardliner community. That will stick around even when we are in bad times.

I kinda think that the Veteran members need some influence in the game. So the game sticks too it's roots. And offourse the big Clans/factions need to stay too.

I see allot of new members,when you go to the "members button" but almost none of them post. Only the hardliners. Like yourself Stivias

Just my opinion.
slow is smooth, smooth is fast
Tigershield

Postby PXYC » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:49 pm

I just love being able to talk to everyone in the IRC, it seems I have made a few friends (along with a few enemies) in there as well as on the forums.

<+laserlamp> lil b is my fav
PXYC
Local Mod

Postby Bandage » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:06 pm

I've not been roaming around the community over here, I don't actually know very much about it yet.
I can still say people seem to be quite defensive about their own thoughts, though.

The best community where I've ever been was that Dead Island's forum, which the publisher team also liked and prefered to use for others too. Gee, everyone weren't mad for anyone and the mods were sweet and patient.
Eventually, I happened to join into the Site Staff and discuss some news and stuff. I got some moderator powers at a some point too...
And anyway, isn't it sweet that we got some information from the publishers which others got a week after?

For now, it's been quite silent over there. I miss those times, it was a heck of a summer before the game was released.
PS: kmaj is a grammarnazi
Bandage
[USAB] Member

Postby Gorman » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:41 pm

Heh, are you just overly excited that your thread from last year was bumped all of a sudden? :P
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby arti » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:16 pm

I liked the community about 9 months ago. The community is shit now, it's overrun by 12 year olds and bronies. There used to be a lot of intelligent people here and there was lots of good threads and discussions.. I miss it
arti

Postby Stiivais » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Gorman wrote:Heh, are you just overly excited that your thread from last year was bumped all of a sudden? :P

Not really, i just felt like i needed a way to get other people's opinions of the community...
I wanted to know, what do others think of this fun bunch of people we have here. You know, ongoing discussions of "kto polak" and "add killstreaks!!1!"... Its simply fun to watch.

Oh, and the bumped thread still is awesome. I feel, like its from another millenium,
as i made it the day i joined the community... xD
Also: shutting up because i have caused some annoyances lately.
Stiivais

Postby ChaosTLW » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:11 am

So,PXYC,looks like there is a fail bully after you!
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Snowshoe » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:31 am

Most of the community used to be /v/, then subreddits and bronies came.

Any /v/ lurkers here from the beginning, brofist me.
Snowshoe

Postby xEric » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:24 am

Well actually, I like it. It has a few kids but what game does not have kids? They can being annoying sometimes though. But i hate when someone makes a mod and he doesnt put pictures up. lol.
Back
xEric

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion