Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Official Team/Squad Discussion

For all things AoS!

Re: Official Team/Squad Discussion

Postby Gorman » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:15 am

Tek2 wrote:
TheGeekZeke101 wrote:They wouldn't be hidden then. Spotting is when you or a team mate looks at an enemy and their location then becomes visible on the map.

Well I was thinking about a scenario where you are a little like
"Hmmm there's propably an enemy there, but I can't clearly see him as he blends to the background. Maybe I should try spotting him so I can see him."

"Spotting is when ..." <- Yup because there is only 1 way to implement spotting...

Why not just have it like markers, you can place down an "enemy spotted" marker - if there is no enemy then that is your bad.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Articsledder » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:21 pm

I like the basic squad plugin right now. The only issue is spawning.

-1 Person should be the spawn point, like in /follow. This is decided by who's been in the squad longest.

-You should not be able to spawn on this person while possibly either of the following:
A: Inside the enemy's spawn box
B:Within one grid square of the enemy's spawn Box
C:On the enemy's side of the map

-In TC, spawning is disabled entirely due to the nature of the game mode.

-With these nerfs, squads should be auto-assigned with an opt-out.

Having squad members noted on the map would be nice to, along with a squad only chat. However, I don't really support the whole marker thing. Its simple enough to just tell them the coords.
aend tehn teh cahirs began to snip
Articsledder

Postby MrHank » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:17 am

squad charge on my mark. 3...2... */whistle*
MrHank

Postby FaZe » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:56 pm

Everything suggested so far (for the most part) is great, but there's one thing you're all missing: spawn crouching.

So lets say you and your squad are tunneling underneath the enemy's base. One person digs a 2-block-high tunnel, ignorant of the fact that the rest of the squad will spawn inside of a block.

That's why it should be made default (for all servers with squads) that you spawn crouched. If you're spawning anywhere out in the open, your character will immediately go back up to the standing position when the game senses that there's nothing above you. This way, when you spawn with something directly overhead, you won't glitch and/or blow yourself up with a grenade; you'll just stay crouched.
FaZe
[DELTA] Leader

Postby Tigershield » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:57 am

FaZe wrote:Everything suggested so far (for the most part) is great, but there's one thing you're all missing: spawn crouching.

So lets say you and your squad are tunneling underneath the enemy's base. One person digs a 2-block-high tunnel, ignorant of the fact that the rest of the squad will spawn inside of a block.

That's why it should be made default (for all servers with squads) that you spawn crouched. If you're spawning anywhere out in the open, your character will immediately go back up to the standing position when the game senses that there's nothing above you. This way, when you spawn with something directly overhead, you won't glitch and/or blow yourself up with a grenade; you'll just stay crouched.

You are right.Its a good concept.
slow is smooth, smooth is fast
Tigershield

Postby Vortex » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:54 am

FaZe wrote:Everything suggested so far (for the most part) is great, but there's one thing you're all missing: spawn crouching.

I really do not think you should spawn next to your squad after dying, if reviving is implemented (Being that, reviving should take a good minute or few).
Vortex

Postby momoki » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:17 pm

About reviving, maybe it could be done like in bf2, where a squadleader is assigned and squadmembers will only be able to revive at the leader. If he is dead, no more reviving :] That eliminates a situation, in which the squad can camp an area and keep spawning.
Taigar: [Clover5] Come and play with us at Sham's Little Pony :] We are always up for a challenge!
momoki

Postby CalenLoki » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:48 pm

It just require one of squad members to sit hidden somewhere behind and act as mobile hive... Still bad idea.
Maybe make a poll of what community wants, as it's most disputable part of squad mechanics:
-spawning at squad member (current pyspades squads)
-spawning at squad commander
-spawning at temporary spawn point (build-able base, signal smoke grenade, ect.)
-paradroping at temporary spawn point
-paradroping at squad member
-paradroping at squad commander
-reviving
-none at all (current vanilla)
With ability to vote on as many as you want
In pace leones, in bello cervi
CalenLoki

Postby Monceber » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:01 pm

Vortex wrote:I really do not think you should spawn next to your squad after dying, if reviving is implemented (Being that, reviving should take a good minute or few).

Say, would ya wait 2-3 minutes just to respawn near squad leader?

Personally, I think that almost all ideas, listed in this thread would unnecessary complicate AoS. Disregard chat commands, but did you noticed there are only few keys needed to play a game. And there you go, suggesting new menus for squad leaders, selecting blueprints for buildings and placing it with mouse... C'mon guys, it's not bad to dream, but firstly, the game should be user friendly and without much complications.

About spotting thingy... What do you think tracers are for? You can perfectly find enemies position attentively looking at the map.
Paradroping, imo, is absolutely insane idea. Why creator should work on implementing completely new feature (talk about parachute opening, than lowering altitube, etc.).

Among all ideas I think temporal spawn point could work, but with a lot of limitations. Its mechanics should be similar to tents in territory control, but enemy team doesn't capture, but destroys it. Also, it should work like airstrike (killing streak needed, say, about, 10-15 kills). Oh, and it can not exceed certain distance from your base.

Like I said, it's not bad to dream about features, but think about developers, who'll be implemeting it.
Only corpses consider other more important than themselves...
Monceber

Postby Gorman » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:11 am

Monceber wrote:Like I said, it's not bad to dream about features, but think about developers, who'll be implemeting it.

Think of the new players who have to learn too this stuff too de geso!
Don't you think that a short learning curve is squidly more important?
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby tunaspirit » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:31 pm

Squadmembers could teabag for 5 seconds other dead squadmembers to revive them. Takes away the spawn next to yer squad thing.
[18:33] <+boolface> hey guys imma releqase 0.76 now
[18:34] <+Ethoslab> TheGrandmaster hey do you have any idea when updates gona come
[18:34] <+gen_applejack> now
[18:34] <+gen_applejack> as boolface told us
tunaspirit

Postby Paratrooper » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:53 pm

How about a quick flare which would pop up on your map, signalling help?

Also, colorful particle effects.
To a Physicist, white and black is the presence and absence of color.
To a Fine Artist, white and black are just shades and tints of color.
To a Painter, any paint that you could get into a can is a color.
THIS color, on the other hand, is #b4d455.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Postby Tigershield » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:45 pm

Paratrooper wrote:How about a quick flare which would pop up on your map, signalling help?

Also, colorful particle effects.

And what about stealth squads, So i dont think so lol
slow is smooth, smooth is fast
Tigershield

Postby Paratrooper » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Then order your squad not to use flares.

You could use flares when you're alone and need backup.
To a Physicist, white and black is the presence and absence of color.
To a Fine Artist, white and black are just shades and tints of color.
To a Painter, any paint that you could get into a can is a color.
THIS color, on the other hand, is #b4d455.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Postby Gorman » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:08 am

It would be pretty cool to have signal flares. Allow you to pick any colour as you do with blocks - and when you join a squad you can say "so what colours mean what?" and the leader will probably say "red - attack, green - move, blue - build" or whatever they want.

Allow you to launch at a position aswell as straight up. Have some kind of wait time between flaregun shots too. They don't hurt, just for signalling. Not sure if flares were used for signalling in any war, but it would be interesting.

Perhaps smoke would be useful for marking locations, such as with the build command.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion