Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Official Team/Squad Discussion

For all things AoS!

Re: Official Team/Squad Discussion

Postby TBS » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:41 pm

reviving and ingame voice support.

I know lot's people tell us to simply use teamspeak. But I'm talking about randomly joining a server and start to communicate. If it was that easy, then teamworking would be fun!

edit: also, official 24/7 gen map server.
TBS
Bastion Member

Postby Elsweyr » Sat May 05, 2012 8:44 pm

hindos wrote:I suggested a radio device as an alternate for flares. Sicne radios wouldn't be able to be spotted by enemies, it's a one button click deal e.g. 'press R to send out your a distress signal to allies and give them ur position-perhaps you can see it on minimap) and it would be very strange if flares couldn't be seen by enemies.

I liked this idea =D
and the best idea is still icons just on the squad members to know where they are =) just this can improve A LOT the game!
Tenso! xD
Elsweyr

Postby AEM » Mon May 07, 2012 7:20 pm

TBS wrote:reviving and ingame voice support.

I know lot's people tell us to simply use teamspeak. But I'm talking about randomly joining a server and start to communicate. If it was that easy, then teamworking would be fun!

edit: also, official 24/7 gen map server.

I support that and the flare feature. +10000
AEM

Postby Doomlord » Sun May 13, 2012 6:18 am

YOU COULD MAKE IT SO THAT A SQUAD MATE WOULD HAVE TO LOOK AT THE ENEMIES AT PRESS A SHORT CUT KEY
SAY 'E' FOR ENEMIES AND THEN A TAG WOULD APPEAR ON THE MAP FOR SAY A MINUTE SO THAT OTHERS WOULD BE ABLE TO SPOT THEM. THE SAME COULD BE DONE IF YOU FOUND OR BUILT A TUNNEL YOU COULD PRESS 'T' FOR TUNNEL AND A MARKER WOULD APPEAR ON THE MAP FOR YOUR SQUAD MATES TO USE THE TUNNEL.

AS FOR THE SUPPLY PACKS I THINK THAT SQUAD LEADERS COULD HAVE ON AS A FIFTH WEAPON AND BE ABLE TO CHOOSE WHERE THEY PLACE IT AND ONLY HIS SQUAD MATES COULD USE IT
Doomlord

Postby Ultrasonic » Sun May 27, 2012 3:26 am

In-game Voice for your squad.
Maybe if we add classes like in BF, this squad thing would actually be good
btw the spotting and reviving ideas are great
IGN: {DSC]Alpha | Ex-Leader of [G3N], current Leader of {DSC] | Latest Video: EPIC sKILLS Entry #2
Ultrasonic

Location: Ditching Sleepy while he went to the toilet, leaving him to pay, and me a free cup o' mooch

Postby jackson31 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:48 am

I would really like to see placeable squad spawn points, like the radio in Battlefield3 or the tactical insertion flares in MW2.

Also, to be able to voice chat with your squad would be nice
jackson31

Postby IronShotGun » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:51 am

On one hand I like this for the increase usage for squads, but on the other, what everyone literaly is saying is taking from a different game, if I wanted that game I would play that game, some of the ideas here would change this game completly
Latest Game Play : http://i.imgur.com/mUzcK.png
uvs wrote:360n0sc0pewEedSmokEHeAdShotToThEBalLs everyone.
IronShotGun

Postby jdrewlowery » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:13 pm

aos isnt cod . it wont take stuff from other games . what i think should hapen is all servers can get squads and maybe
squad only talk . for voice chat just use mumble
I'm nooby and i know it
jdrewlowery
[SPQR] Member

Postby ChaosTLW » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:46 am

jdrewlowery wrote:it wont take stuff from other games

Why not? If AoS benefits from a feature in another game, I don't see why not add it. Heck, by your logic we should remove guns and blocks, because guess what?, they are in other games.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby jdrewlowery » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:57 am

ChaosTLW wrote:
jdrewlowery wrote:it wont take stuff from other games

Why not? If AoS benefits from a feature in another game, I don't see why not add it. Heck, by your logic we should remove guns and blocks, because guess what?, they are in other games.

you know what i mean this game is kinda turning into cod . hardly anyone builds and almost evryone greifs i dont though
besides you go on a server and you wait 10 m for someone to even say something the communitys not so good
I Ace Of Spades FOREVER I
I____________________________________________I
I'm nooby and i know it
jdrewlowery
[SPQR] Member

Postby thegreatninjaman » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:57 am

i think for squads to work we first need a better GUI and Chat.

Right now fighting against enemy squads is annoying because you have to kill all squad mates in that area so why not parachute spawning? let me explain further
parachute spawning would be an Optional "Risk Vs Reward" Spawn. while falling from the sky you must deploy your parachute, if you do not do it in time you will hit the ground and take fall damage. if you deploy your parachute too early you will become vulnerable until you land. you may pick what squad mate you can spawn on. it takes the old "spawning on squad mates" mechanic and balances it out.

For Spotting you should be able to see your coordinates on the mini-map while you type. when you aim at an ally it should tell you 3 things <Name> <Coordinates> <Squad>, same for the enemy but will there should be nothing in between you and the enemy. we do not need visual spotting, just a faster way to link information from map to chat.

Also instead of creating your own squad there should be presets
Alpha, Beta, Delta, Zeta, Gamma, Omega, and Epsilon. to join a squad you should use a hot-key that brings up a Screen that shows Squads and you may join any of them. there will be no leaders just a list of players who are on each squad.

also squad mates should appear as a different color on the map then other team mates. Green = Yellow Squad mates, Blue = magenta squad mates.
thegreatninjaman

Postby brickyphone » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:31 pm

At the start there's an Opt in or Opt out choice. If you Opt out you always spawn in spawn. Opting in puts you in a random squad. but you still have access to go into a squad of chosen name like how it is now. You could also type /squad migrate and that will take you into another random squad, in case your squad is doing badly
brickyphone
[C.H] Member

Postby gusv150 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:27 pm

thegreatninjaman wrote:i think for squads to work we first need a better GUI and Chat.

Right now fighting against enemy squads is annoying because you have to kill all squad mates in that area so why not parachute spawning? let me explain further
parachute spawning would be an Optional "Risk Vs Reward" Spawn. while falling from the sky you must deploy your parachute, if you do not do it in time you will hit the ground and take fall damage. if you deploy your parachute too early you will become vulnerable until you land. you may pick what squad mate you can spawn on. it takes the old "spawning on squad mates" mechanic and balances it out.

For Spotting you should be able to see your coordinates on the mini-map while you type. when you aim at an ally it should tell you 3 things <Name> <Coordinates> <Squad>, same for the enemy but will there should be nothing in between you and the enemy. we do not need visual spotting, just a faster way to link information from map to chat.

Also instead of creating your own squad there should be presets
Alpha, Beta, Delta, Zeta, Gamma, Omega, and Epsilon. to join a squad you should use a hot-key that brings up a Screen that shows Squads and you may join any of them. there will be no leaders just a list of players who are on each squad.

also squad mates should appear as a different color on the map then other team mates. Green = Yellow Squad mates, Blue = magenta squad mates.

Alpha Bravo Charlie Delta Eco Foxtrot Golf Hotel India Juliet Kilo Lima Mika...
gusv150
[DELTA] Member

Postby Dany0 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:43 pm

I like what GnomeScroll does - every player can craft an place his own spawner that spawns everyone and enemy can destroy.

Would be cool mixed with TC.
Dany0

Postby gusv150 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:01 pm

Dany0 wrote:I like what GnomeScroll does - every player can craft an place his own spawner that spawns everyone and enemy can destroy.

Would be cool mixed with TC.

You mean like the spawn beacon in BF3?
gusv150
[DELTA] Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion