Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

AoS is the most realistic game you'll ever play;

For all things AoS!

Re: AoS is the most realistic game you'll ever play;

Postby TheVirgo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:23 am

IrishElf wrote:
I doubt that, at some time during a war, one soldier has ever looked at another and said, "Look at that! That one dude keeps sniping our men! Hacker!"

Well, replace the "Hacker!" with a much less family friendly word...

Haha! XD

I also like to imagine some goofy private tearing down one of buildings on the frontline and one of the generals yelling, "STOP TEARING DOWN OUR STUFF YOU GRIEFER! MEN, QUICK, VOTE BAN HIM!"
TheVirgo
Komrade Member

Location: Somewhere on the battlefields of Minit in the land of AceoSpadia

Postby Stiivais » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:04 pm

The most REALISTIC game?
ARMA series
I rest my case...
This simply had to be told,
because in arma, for instance, if you need to get somewhere, there is no teleportation. (mods add this)
You must either board a chopper, or a plane, or a jeep, or a truck, or a tank, or a APC, or a bike...
It's really hard to explain, it's the awesomeness of "What happens between the intense firefights?"
There is also emphasis on teamwork, realistic simulation of guns, diverse strategies that actually work etc.
And the atmosphere... Online, its great...

Meh, words are pointless, check some of these out:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=arma+2

You can even get if for free (with low res textures) now, because arma3 is gonna be released soon!!!
http://www.arma2.com/free
Also: shutting up because i have caused some annoyances lately.
Stiivais

Postby Stiivais » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:08 pm

tunaspirit wrote:i played operation flashpoint: red river which is more realistic then AoS in any way.
(Mortars, pistols, machineguns, muzzleflare, assault rifles, mines, binoculars, realistic people, smoke/flashbang grenades)

P.S. There are no whiny kids on it

NOPE... IMO, flashpoint messed things up.
I mean, COME ON, WHICH F*ING GAME HAS A 64 ENTITY LIMIT???
Arma2, for example, hasn't got sucha thing, and you can have battles up to 10000 AI units:
but this is not advised, as stealing NASA's computers might be a crime...
Stiivais

Postby drwille » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:34 pm

this game and bf lol or its just me ? then arma ;)
drwille

Postby TheVirgo » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:01 am

Stiivais wrote:*snip*

I have ARMA 2: Free. It's pretty nice and is one of the most realistic games out there. Of course, when I'm wearing camouflage and snipe a guy 1,000+ feet away while in the trees and suddenly, everybody knows my exact position and where fire at, I do question just how realistic it is. XD

I haven't played it recently, though. My favorite server is now pretty much empty and the other servers are either civilian RP, SUPER DUPER OH MY GOD REALISTIC MILITARY SHOOTER WITH PROTOCOL (if I wanted to play like that, I would sign up for the marines) or Russian. :'-(
TheVirgo
Komrade Member

Location: Somewhere on the battlefields of Minit in the land of AceoSpadia

Postby Frostified » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:21 pm

Omg lol.
<Grandy> Just wanted to say I hate you all
<StackOverflow> rambo famous is like being nicki minaj famous
<StackOverflow> you haven't really accomplished anything and everybody laughs at you
Frostified

Postby SnaJperME » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:22 pm

I play Operation Flashpoint:Cold war crisis.
Here the short list of the game
Its something like BF but better (one of that is that the weapons are much more realistic in OFP)

1. It got classes much classes around 15 i think in one army the other 13 classes
2.Classes are rly awesomely done for everyone there is a class like Spec op , Officer , Sniper , Medic , Mortar , AT Soldier , HMG soldier and so on..
3. Its a slow peaced tactical shooter and i must say its 100x more fun Than any other Run & Gun.

And if(and i hope it will) Aos Goes that way it would go to the right side Cause Tactical FPS is Fun Play and long enjoyment.
SnaJperME

Postby Anomalous » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:28 pm

I got PTSD from this game.
Anomalous

Postby mikuli » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:08 pm

TheVirgo wrote:I have ARMA 2: Free. It's pretty nice and is one of the most realistic games out there. Of course, when I'm wearing camouflage and snipe a guy 1,000+ feet away while in the trees and suddenly, everybody knows my exact position and where fire at, I do question just how realistic it is. XD

A high-powered rifle firing is a quite noticeable thing, reality-wise. Loud report, gases escaping the barrel throwing the top soil layer and leaves everywhere nearby in a large puff of dust... Yeah, that will probably catch your attention. I know you said over it, but i still have to say 1000 feet is not that much of a distance to shoot. Pretty much any assault rifle variant can hit a man-sized target at that range, if the person using the rifle can. If we're talking about +3000 feet, it's a bit harder to notice.

SnaJperME wrote:I play Operation Flashpoint:Cold war crisis.
Here the short list of the game
Its something like BF but better (one of that is that the weapons are much more realistic in OFP)

1. It got classes much classes around 15 i think in one army the other 13 classes
2.Classes are rly awesomely done for everyone there is a class like Spec op , Officer , Sniper , Medic , Mortar , AT Soldier , HMG soldier and so on..
3. Its a slow peaced tactical shooter and i must say its 100x more fun Than any other Run & Gun.

And if(and i hope it will) Aos Goes that way it would go to the right side Cause Tactical FPS is Fun Play and long enjoyment.

Btw, the original Operation Flashpoint: CWC has a new patch available to it, as Armed Assault: Cold War Assault

And for those who didn't know, the original OFP:CWC was the father of the ArmA games. It was developed by Bohemia Interactive with Codemasters as the publisher. Their ways split sometime later, and this resulted in two different series of games, the newer Operation Flashpoints, that are still published by Codemasters as they own the original name, and the other series of ArmA games. Bohemia Interactive owned all the content, the engine and everything but the name, so all they had to do was to change the name to keep making these great games.

I wonder if we could put up some nice multiplayer games with the original operation flashpoint, just patched up to date (1.99). Maybe Capture the Island?
Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne
Join me in Tribes: Ascend! IGN: Mikuli
mikuli
Retired Staff Member

Postby Maxxis » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:52 am

Original OP:CWC is always awesome.
Still, I play Arma 2 (non-free) for my funness.
In-game: Inactived.
IRC: Layton. (Cloak @Layton.users.quakenet.org)
Maxxis

Postby Stiivais » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:50 pm

OP:FP? Thats just the same thing as arma - made by same studio, just with an older version of the engine...
Good times, though... There also is a SP mission for arma 2 called flashpoint. Its all randomised non-stop fighting. Awesome ^^
Now im all nostalgic, gotta go find some server running Pinpoint or at least Normandie...
Stiivais

Previous

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion