Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Rifle ( The holy Rofle ) Are this stats Normal ?!

For all things AoS!

Re: Rifle ( The holy Rofle ) Are this stats Normal ?!

Postby mikuli » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:41 pm

Putin wrote:@mikuli

1. It is in 99% a Instant kill i tried maybe only a really really far target that cant be even clearly seen in the fog can survive the falloff from 180DMG ...

2. It really isn't fun its idiotic to run and shoot 100% accurate at fog range ... Also a Dynamic croshair would make players more static meaning they would build defences and not just run from point A to point B Shooting Headshots with Rifle ...

3. its not 90RPM-ish look at the Wiki ( its updated look at version ) http://aceofspadeswiki.com/index.php/Rifle

4. Sure learn to crouch :)

6. Hahahaha 8 bullets is " pretty low " hahaha you are or trolling or really stupid really cant figure out the third XD

1. IE the situation in 99 out of 100 cases where two higher skilled players meet with the rifles. Happens to me all the time too, being left with a hp or two, it's often enough to cause trouble.

2. We get it, you like the SMG and dont like it when riflemen will kill you with their superior effective range. It'd be much more fun if everyone just stood still. Easier to hit them, too!

3. Nope. Go try it out in-game with a stopwatch or something. The 0.75 delay between shots is ~0.5 seconds, yeah. Not 0.76.

4. Oh right, I completely forgot. What button was that again? I remember hearing something about this wall popping thing somewhere.... oh.
No really, shooting at blocks against anyone but newbies is a bit stupid. Especially with the rifle of all things, wasting two of your precious shots to make a hole your opponent will not be behind again by the time you get those two shots fired.

6. 8 is barely enough. It is certainly not "too many". That is only 6-8 kills between reloads, and that's no fun.

As for my Saw-nails reference, i think you're suggesting that the saw-makers make their blades thicker and heavier - or would it actually be that you want the hammers to be made lighter and elastic so that saws would be more equal to do the job? Yet you ask if I am stupid.
Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne
Join me in Tribes: Ascend! IGN: Mikuli
mikuli
Retired Staff Member

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:18 pm

unfortunately, the smg is still more powerful than the semi.
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby Fluttershy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:17 pm

ThisFrickinSite wrote:unfortunately, the smg is still more powerful than the semi.

except it isnt, its just close to actually competing with it.
Fluttershy

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:34 pm

^I get many more kills when i use smg than the semi. I also have a harder time in face off's with an smg as an enemy.
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby Articsledder » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:58 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
Articsledder wrote:Will you stop complaining, it's getting very annoying. If you don't like it go away.

What a fantastic way to improve the game.

I personally think the rifle was fine in .75. We don't need Putin to keep making the same thread ranting about weapon changes over and over again.
aend tehn teh cahirs began to snip
Articsledder

Postby Putin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:05 am

Articsledder wrote:
Fluttershy wrote:
Articsledder wrote:Will you stop complaining, it's getting very annoying. If you don't like it go away.

What a fantastic way to improve the game.

I personally think the rifle was fine in .75. We don't need Putin to keep making the same thread ranting about weapon changes over and over again.

I think it isn't balanced if you think it is make a thread and call it weapons are totally balanced - contra putin ( have fun ) ...
AoS The worst game with the greatest potential .
Putin

Postby USABxBOOYO » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 am

Now why would anyone make a thread called "Weapons are Totally Balanced"?
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby Fluttershy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:14 am

USABxBOOYO wrote:Now why would anyone make a thread called "Weapons are Totally Balanced"?

April 1st is still a thing right?
Fluttershy

Postby TheGunnerGuy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:56 am

I think this is off-topic, this should be on the sugestions page.

BEST KILLING STREAK: 84
BEST KILLS: 416
TheGunnerGuy

Postby Fluttershy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:58 am

TheGunnerGuy wrote:I think this is off-topic, this should be on the sugestions page.

Theres no suggestion and its a discussion thread about the semi. In no way does it not belong here
Fluttershy

Postby TheGunnerGuy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:03 am

oh, sorry, didn't know that :P

BEST KILLING STREAK: 84
BEST KILLS: 416
TheGunnerGuy

Postby DrPain » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:43 am

It... takes like 2 headshots to kill with the SMG

And you can kill everyone like that

Also, when I suggested making the rifle bolt action
I don't think it's power should necessarily be boosted, and a scope really isn't necessary in this game.
Although if you really want a scope, I won't stop you
DrPain

Postby ChaosTLW » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:19 am

DrPain wrote:It... takes like 2 headshots to kill with the SMG

And it's RoF is much higher than the Semi's. If the semi user miss the first shot, he is screwed. Even if the SMG miss the first shot, he can shoot fast and in the end makes no difference.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby DrPain » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:30 am

ChaosTLW wrote:

And it's RoF is much higher than the Semi's. If the semi user miss the first shot, he is screwed. Even if the SMG miss the first shot, he can shoot fast and in the end makes no difference.

not screwed, but it the main advantage of a weapon that kills in one hit is killing people on the first shot
DrPain

Postby ChaosTLW » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:35 am

DrPain wrote:
ChaosTLW wrote:

not screwed, but it the main advantage of a weapon that kills in one hit is killing people on the first shot

Lets put it this way: if you miss, until you re-position your sights and take another shot, the smg might have already put some 5 bullets onto your head. Believe me, it is easy as hell to do. I've killed quite a couple of riflemen at ranges where you would expect the rifle to win, although those were in pubs and god knows what kind of people you might find in pubs... (tip: Starts with "Brain-dead", ends with "idiotic monkeys who will scream hacker when they get killed")
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

PreviousNext

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion