Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Should auto-climb be toggeable? Yes or No

For all things AoS!

Should auto-climb be toggeable? Yes or No

Postby Space101 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:36 pm

More times than I can count I've been killed because of auto-climb, in more ways than you could imagine.
Now, I'm not saying that auto-climb is bad or useless it's just that it doesn't work out for me, Yes I would rather smash spacebar every second while playing classic gen or when jumping over several blocks scattered around in Minit Assault after griefers/grenades/bullets destroyed bunkers, forts etc.
While auto-climb doesn't work for me and a handful of other people it works out for most people.

Should auto-climb be toggleable or shouldn't Jagex even bother?

Discuss.
I'M GAY
Space101

Re: Should auto-climb be toggeable? Yes or No

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:18 pm

I think yes, because of flat maps like pinpoint where random spam blocks make it impossible to cross terrain and how you way want to stand behind a block instead of drifting into it and climbing up (i really want smooth drifting after walking to be shortened).
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby Afrodude4 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:57 pm

Or you could stop holding down W when you move up to a block that you don't want to climb.
Representing Jamaica Power

Afrodude4

Postby Mariokillu » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:15 am

100% agree with this and I have since the first day that I started playing.
Mariokillu

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:24 am

Afrodude4 wrote:Or you could stop holding down W when you move up to a block that you don't want to climb.

if your in a face off, you dont have much time to take your eyes off the target and turn to see where your heading. Or maybe your in a 3x3 fort with no roof and only a front wall that has a sniping window. when you get out of the way of cover, you only have a tiny fraction of a block to stop drifting, very hard to avoid the outcome. you auto climb out and get shot.
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby Afrodude4 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:34 am

Anyway, as I'm not up for playing Devil's Advocate right now, I'd say that it's an alright idea, as long as it is only toggle-able, not removing the function completely.
Representing Jamaica Power

Afrodude4

Postby Semper » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:36 am

If this will make people stop complaining about auto-climbing and how they don't like it make it so you can turn it off/on in game.
Joined Delta: Monday August 13th, 2012.
>Thread stalkers
Semper
[DELTA] Member

Postby Articsledder » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:37 am

For the player it would be nice, however I highly doubt it would please everyone unless servers had the option too.

I personally think it would be in the best interests of the game that Autoclimb was slower, and would only work if you were actually pressing the arrow keys instead of sliding sometimes.
aend tehn teh cahirs began to snip
Articsledder

Postby ugotpiez » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:21 am

Yeah, I'd like this when I'm snipping on a cahir.

[IGN] USABxAIRLINES -- BOOYOxAIRLINES -- El Jefe -- Airlines
ugotpiez
[USAB] Member

Postby Space101 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:02 pm

Articsledder wrote:For the player it would be nice, however I highly doubt it would please everyone unless servers had the option too.

Serverside auto-climb toggle wouldn't work, that's for sure.

Articsledder wrote:I personally think it would be in the best interests of the game that Autoclimb was slower, and would only work if you were actually pressing the arrow keys instead of sliding sometimes.

I'm not sure if slower auto-climb would work for everyone(obviously nothing ever works for everyone, but for most people it wouldn't IMO)which is why I'm suggesting that auto-climb should be toggleable, but I do agree about the sliding thing, it's fairly annoying and should be fixed.
I'M GAY
Space101

Postby Articsledder » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:56 pm

Space101 wrote:
Articsledder wrote:For the player it would be nice, however I highly doubt it would please everyone unless servers had the option too.

Serverside auto-climb toggle wouldn't work, that's for sure.

Articsledder wrote:I personally think it would be in the best interests of the game that Autoclimb was slower, and would only work if you were actually pressing the arrow keys instead of sliding sometimes.

I'm not sure if slower auto-climb would work for everyone(obviously nothing ever works for everyone, but for most people it wouldn't IMO)which is why I'm suggesting that auto-climb should be toggleable, but I do agree about the sliding thing, it's fairly annoying and should be fixed.

When it comes to slower Auto-climb it isn't something that can be toggle-able. Either everyone has it no one does. It's like asking if people want to be missing a leg or not, everyone is going to say no unless they want to have a handicap, even if if handicapping everyone equally is what is best for the game.
aend tehn teh cahirs began to snip
Articsledder

Postby Fluttershy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:07 pm

Articsledder wrote:I personally think it would be in the best interests of the game that Autoclimb was slower.

I highly agree with this. This, right here. Best update for the game atm.
Fluttershy

Postby lehma18 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:33 am

>Should auto-climb be toggleable?
The whole thing shouldn't even exist. Remove it please, i miss mashing spacebar like crazy while going uphill.
"Killing is just one of those things that gets easier the more you do it"- Solid Snake
"I did what i was told to do, the best i could." - Simo Häyhä, legendary finnish sniper.
lehma18

Postby SRL » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:39 am

Mariokillu wrote:100% agree with this and I have since the first day that I started playing.

But to address the posts before me, what if they were server-toggleable? If that were at all possible... Whatever. Forget it.
SRL
{AGAN} Member

Postby HeatSeeker » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:25 am

ThisFrickinSite wrote:I think yes, because of flat maps like pinpoint where random spam blocks make it impossible to cross terrain and how you way want to stand behind a block instead of drifting into it and climbing up (i really want smooth drifting after walking to be shortened).

Aggree
IGN: {DSC]Heat | Co-Leader of {DSC] | Heat Sight Shop
HeatSeeker

Next

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion